Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

? about powering the boat ignition

BlitzedVLX

My family recently purchased a 2008 VLX. When the key is turned to the left my speakers click on and the JBL controller in my walkway lights up. The controllers under the steering wheel for the radio/ballast do not come on untill i touch them and then there is a slight flicker on the screen and it comes on. When the key is removed the speakers turn off and so does my controller in the walkway but the controlls under the steering wheel remain on. I am not sure for how long but longger than 8 minutes or so... is this normal?

I have an 08 VLX as well. You have to use your control panels to turn them off. I know they stay on and you have to turn them off manually. It is a pain but that is what I do and I have never waited to see if they would go off on their own.

Edited by wakeboy

I have an 08 VLX as well. You have to use your control panels to turn them off. I know they stay on and you have to turn them off manually. It is a pain but that is what I do and I have never waited to see if they would go off on their own.

I talked to the dealer and he said they should stay on for 8min and then turn themselves off. How do you manually turn them off? I never saw an option for "Off" on the display.

I have never timed my controls, but mine do stay on for a while also. Longer than you would expect. I am also unaware how to control them manually, and would be interested in hearing.

Well that is good to know if I forget. I think you have to flip through the pages on it and there should be an option like "turn off all"

Sorry I don't remember exactly, I have been doing it so often that I don't even think about it. It is like when you drive somewhere for so long and you don't remember the exit numbers when you have to give someone else directions but you do it witout thinking about it.

Edited by wakeboy

Well that is good to know if I forget. I think you have to flip through the pages on it and there should be an option like "turn off all"

Sorry I don't remember exactly, I have been doing it so often that I don't even think about it. It is like when you drive somewhere for so long and you don't remember the exit numbers when you have to give someone else directions but you do it witout thinking about it.

Is there an option on each side to turn off.. left side for ballast/lights/blower and then an off on the right side controller for stereo? I dont mind the lights staying on the controller but you can still turn on blower and other lights with the key not in the ignition.

Edited by BlitzedVLX

My family recently purchased a 2008 VLX. When the key is turned to the left my speakers click on and the JBL controller in my walkway lights up. The controllers under the steering wheel for the radio/ballast do not come on untill i touch them and then there is a slight flicker on the screen and it comes on. When the key is removed the speakers turn off and so does my controller in the walkway but the controlls under the steering wheel remain on. I am not sure for how long but longger than 8 minutes or so... is this normal?

Mine stay on for 30 minutes, dealer told me this was normal. I have a 2008 as well and they ( MUX gauges ) have been changed out and I do not have an option to turn them off.

You would think that once you take the key out, if they were to stay on that they would at least be on a timer similar to car headlights.