Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Fault Cyl1Misfire

Went out for skiing today after one set in the course we needed to go back to the dock to fetch binding slime. Our lake is about 2.5 miles wide, so I gave it full throttle.

After about a minute going about 44 MPH the engine stalled and I got this engine fault:

Cyl1Misfire

SPN 65591 CM0

MECH SYSTEM NOT RESP PROPERLY

FMI 7 OC 127.

shut it down waited a few minutes, read the code and got the slime and continued skiing.

Have no clue what this is but it is clearly not a good sign, this is only our third season with this boat and there are only 265 hours on it.

I will surly call Malibu first thing in the morning, but was looking for some insight on what this might be and if anyone has seen this before.

Thanks guys.

BB

Cylinder misfire could be caused by a few different things. Hopefully it's not something serious. Usually in these type scenarios, people will replace the plugs and wires first, Then maybe the cap and rotor. It could be a clogged or bad fuel injector. That would be the first thing I would check.

I think I would start with a compression test or better yet a leakdown test in this case....that way your not replacing any unnecessary parts. It is so easy to do, it would be worth doing.

you can swap plug wires with another to see if the misfire follows the wire. Same goes for injectors or spark plugs.

Maybe a bad inyector. A friend of mine had that issue on his VLX 2008 and solve it by cleaning the inyectors.

IMO is not Necesarry to run the boat at WOT.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same issue last weekend. Same code. Idled back to dock let the kids swim. Went to load the boat and it started and ran fine. Took it back out and didnt have any problems for the rest of the day. What do you folks think.. Only have 129 hours on the boat.