Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

trailering with bimini

board brained

I have my bimini strapped up on the tower in its case. was thinking about our first roadtrip of the year coming up later this week. going to pull up to a lake about 4 hours from home, mostly freeway traveling.

do they travel well up there at highway speeds or should I take it off and store it in the boat. I have straps around the legs holding them tight at their ends but......

There will be a bunch of stuff in the boat so would like to leave up there, any advice?

I leave mine on the tower almost all season. If I'm pulling for road trips I'll wrap the bimini to the tower with plastic wrap. Makes sure it doesn't come lose and keeps the bugs off my bimini. :thumbup:

Yea, I tow with my bimini folded up, in the boot & strapped to the tower all the time. I do put it up against the speakers so the wind is just pushing it against them. Never had a problem. :rockon:

Depends on the trip for me. Less than five minutes and just driving to camp I leave the bimini in the up position and just keep the speeds under 45. If the trip is under 30 minutes, I put the bimini in its boot and attach the boot to the tower. If if it a longer drive I pull the bimini off the tower and place it in the floor of the boat. It catches too many bugs on the tower and mine is simple to pull off the tower.

Depends on the trip for me. Less than five minutes and just driving to camp I leave the bimini in the up position and just keep the speeds under 45. If the trip is under 30 minutes, I put the bimini in its boot and attach the boot to the tower. If if it a longer drive I pull the bimini off the tower and place it in the floor of the boat. It catches too many bugs on the tower and mine is simple to pull off the tower.

thanks guys.....never thought of the bug thing which will be an issue as i ahve going up and over a few mountian passes

I leave mine on the tower almost all season. If I'm pulling for road trips I'll wrap the bimini to the tower with plastic wrap. Makes sure it doesn't come lose and keeps the bugs off my bimini. :thumbup:

For long trips plastic wrap also keeps bugs off the tower.

I have my bimini strapped up on the tower in its case. was thinking about our first roadtrip of the year coming up later this week. going to pull up to a lake about 4 hours from home, mostly freeway traveling.

do they travel well up there at highway speeds or should I take it off and store it in the boat. I have straps around the legs holding them tight at their ends but......

There will be a bunch of stuff in the boat so would like to leave up there, any advice?

Coming up to the shuswap?! :rockon: