Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Service Manual

A few months ago there was a post regarding the service manuals for Indmar engines being available soon from www.clymer.com. Well, they have them in stock now, and I was wondering if anyone has one yet, and whether or not you though it was worth $40.00 or so to get one.

The description says its 468 pages long, but the list of engines that is cover is very extensive, so I'm wondering how much information there will be on my particular engine...

• 2 weeks later...

Does the Clymer book cover the engine fault codes?

Does the Clymer book have the dreaded phrase "Take to your dealer for repair" ?

• 3 weeks later...

I never did get any more responses regarding the quality of the new Indmar GM repair manual.

I found that they are $26.37 with free shipping at Amazon.com so I went ahead and ordered one.

I will let you know what I think of it after it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Does the Clymer book cover the engine fault codes?

Great buy! Even if purchased at the full price of $40. I would highly recommend having it around. Allowing you to diagnose a problem without having to bring the boat to the shop is worth it alone.

And yes, it does cover engine fault codes.

• 1 year later...

what about the actual boat manual, to have a bit more detail in the v drive or prop shaft or simply to just to get part numbers etc. ie I have a loose steering wheel seems to be the u-joint in the shaft where would I look for the part other than spend some time on the phone with my closest dealer?

• 2 months later...

Not wanting to start a big debate, but I was reading my new Clymer manual for Indmar engines and was surprised by something I read in the winter layup section.

It discusses different engine fogging approaches based on the type of fuel system you have. Carb / TBI / MPI w/center mounted throttle body and MPI with front mounted throttle body and fuel pump in the tank versus on the engine.

Cutting to the chase, the recommendation for a MPI motor with the fuel pump mounted to the engine and the throttle body in the front (or I assume the back in our case with the ’04 Monsoon 340 hp) was to disconnect the inlet to the fuel pump and connect an outboard fuel tank with stabilizer & fogging oil mixed into the tank and fog the engine THROUGH the injectors, no spraying.

Anyone heard of this? I read through all the related threads I could find and didn’t see this elaborate procedure discussed.

Needless to say, I have no intention of doing that but if I read into this, seems like due to the long intake run & otherwise dry intake manifold, they don’t want you spraying the fog oil through the throttle plate?

Dontknow.gif

• 8 months later...
Not wanting to start a big debate, but I was reading my new Clymer manual for Indmar engines and was surprised by something I read in the winter layup section.

It discusses different engine fogging approaches based on the type of fuel system you have. Carb / TBI / MPI w/center mounted throttle body and MPI with front mounted throttle body and fuel pump in the tank versus on the engine.

Cutting to the chase, the recommendation for a MPI motor with the fuel pump mounted to the engine and the throttle body in the front (or I assume the back in our case with the ’04 Monsoon 340 hp) was to disconnect the inlet to the fuel pump and connect an outboard fuel tank with stabilizer & fogging oil mixed into the tank and fog the engine THROUGH the injectors, no spraying.

Anyone heard of this? I read through all the related threads I could find and didn’t see this elaborate procedure discussed.

Needless to say, I have no intention of doing that but if I read into this, seems like due to the long intake run & otherwise dry intake manifold, they don’t want you spraying the fog oil through the throttle plate?

Dontknow.gif

Never heard of that before.

Does the Service Manual happen to give info on the torque settings for the oil pan bolts?

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...

trying to find service manual and/or wiring diagrams for E.C.M. & ignition system for a 5.7L Indmar engine in a 2012 malibu the E.C.M. is a single connector Indmar E-Control module. my Diacom won't communicate with E.C.M. & the powertrain relay is not closing to send voltage to ignition coil & ICM. hoping someone can help. thank you

• 2 years later...

It's been a while since I've seen posts, but for the longest time, it seemed like no one could find a post 2003 manual.   That being said, the 340 Monsoon was still the Chevy 350 block used for many years in these boats.    I'm sure there are some differences, but the link below should have a lot of useful info potentially.   

https://www.amazon.com/Indmar-Inboard-Manual-Engines-1983-2003/dp/0892879769/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1JYF1RAIMPKZN&keywords=Clymer+Indmar+inboard+shop+manual+for+GM+V-8+engines+1983-2003&qid=1682261188&sprefix=clymer+indmar+inboard+shop+manual+for+gm+v-8+engines+1983-2003%2Caps%2C568&sr=8-1