Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat alarm

We had our subwoofer and amp stolen at the end of last season. Someone took our boat cover off, climbed into our boat, took our sub and amp, slashed our steering wheel, and then replaced our boat cover. We had no idea the stuff was stolen until we went to clean the boat out for the season and saw everything was gone. Could have been gone for 2 weeks. Anyway, we are looking to hook up an alarm system to our boat. We already have a motion sensor light in our driveway, but I'm sure there is a way around it. I tried looking up some alarms online, but have not had that great of luck. Has anyone had luck with any systems out there?

Thanks, Mike

We had our subwoofer and amp stolen at the end of last season. Someone took our boat cover off, climbed into our boat, took our sub and amp, slashed our steering wheel, and then replaced our boat cover. We had no idea the stuff was stolen until we went to clean the boat out for the season and saw everything was gone. Could have been gone for 2 weeks. Anyway, we are looking to hook up an alarm system to our boat. We already have a motion sensor light in our driveway, but I'm sure there is a way around it. I tried looking up some alarms online, but have not had that great of luck. Has anyone had luck with any systems out there?

Thanks, Mike

A siimple car alarm with a shock sensor and dual zone proximity sensor works great. It will chirp at people if they get near your boat, and if they don't get away from it the alarm will go off. These features are adjustable in the sensitivity to suit your liking.

• 4 years later...

I just came across this post when searching for boat security alarms. Our boat was broken into over the winter/spring and all audio equipment was stolen. I am curious to see if any new boat alarm systems are being used since this post was started in 2010. I have seen information on the one Pete posted above, pool alarms, and two way alarms. I am looking to install one that detects motion, taking cover off, or stepping on trailer, etc. The range will need to be long since the boat is not stored in a driveway, but in a storage lot about 500 ft from the house. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

A buddy of mine used to have a company called Boat Patrol. They were bought out and not sure whatever happened to them. It was basically a modified motorcycle alarm. Had a pager, key fobs. Nice set up really. U might look into some motorcycle stuff and see whats available out there. Hate stinking thieves.

• Like 1