Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Favor?

Woodsprinter

I am wondering if anyone of you who lives in Austin, TX who can check 08 LSV for me? I am thinking about having it delivered to my home by professional (uship). My original plan is to drive and test drive then pick it up and tow it to my home. But delivery fee is almost close to gas expense and junk food.. i am willing to compensate you for checking or test drive if possible.

It is located at:

Sail and Ski Center

12971 Research Blvd

Austin, TX 78750

Thanks

If I was 3-hrs south I would help you out. Has the dealer completed an inspection and tests on the boat? Can't they supply you with an inspection form? I would think that if a dealer certifies its inspection, you would be good to go. Is there a warranty on the boat?

I bought my boat out of state and from a dealer as well. They were honest, and went over the whole boat while I was on the phone and pointed out every little nick or issue it had. The boat showed up exactly as described and it was a smooth transaction. I'm not saying I did it the right way, but it worked for me. Sail & Ski is a good dealership and I would trust them with an inspection and their word.

Clean boat by the way. I hope you get it home...

If I was 3-hrs south I would help you out. Has the dealer completed an inspection and tests on the boat? Can't they supply you with an inspection form? I would think that if a dealer certifies its inspection, you would be good to go. Is there a warranty on the boat?

I bought my boat out of state and from a dealer as well. They were honest, and went over the whole boat while I was on the phone and pointed out every little nick or issue it had. The boat showed up exactly as described and it was a smooth transaction. I'm not saying I did it the right way, but it worked for me. Sail & Ski is a good dealership and I would trust them with an inspection and their word.

Clean boat by the way. I hope you get it home...

Yes, they said that it was inspected and tests.. They even replaced the missing cushion with new one.. Based on their website, It looks like big dealership. They have 3 dealerships in TX.. Maybe I don't have to worry..umm..

when do you plan on picking it up? I might be in that area next week, Looks like you got a graet deal. Nice looking Boat!!

when do you plan on picking it up? I might be in that area next week, Looks like you got a graet deal. Nice looking Boat!!

Maybe in two weeks.. I am in limbo with loans.. If you can check it, it will be much appreciated..

Edited by Woodsprinter

Yes, they are a big dealership. And although they sell all kinds of boats, I would trust their judgment. They may not be as Malibu specific as you would like, but they are a trusted dealership and have been around a long time. I worked for them in college and never really had anything negative to say about them...

I am wondering if anyone of you who lives in Austin, TX who can check 08 LSV for me? I am thinking about having it delivered to my home by professional (uship). My original plan is to drive and test drive then pick it up and tow it to my home. But delivery fee is almost close to gas expense and junk food.. i am willing to compensate you for checking or test drive if possible.

It is located at:

Sail and Ski Center

12971 Research Blvd

Austin, TX 78750

Thanks

Just how much compensation are we talking here? I live in Canada but do have my passport handy....

Nice looking boat!

Edited by Cervelo

Just how much compensation are we talking here? I live in Canada but do have my passport handy....

Nice looking boat!

How about free BU crew shirt? :whistle: