Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 Malibu Wakestter LSV Good Buy???

spilkster

I am new here, but have seen a lot of help.

I am looking at purchasing a 2001 Malibu Wakesetter 23' LSV. Below is the description given:

"2001 Malibu Wakesetter LSV 23, Loaded With Custom Upgrades.Warranty replacement on Hull in 2003.Only been in fresh water. Super clean. Over 10k in New Stereo Work (Listen while you ride), Perfect Pass, Wedge, 3 Ballast Tanks, Low Hours, Garaged, Immaculate. 325 hp Monsoon. Titan Tower, wakeboard and wakesurf racks. Four 6.5 Inch MB Quart Tower Speakers w/4 highs. 2 JL Audio 12 Inch Subs in Custom Enclosures, High-end Pioneer Deck, Sirius Satellite, I-Pod direct connection, Waterproof Stereo Remote above ski-deck, 6 Clarion Marine Speakers, 3 amps. This boat Rocks. Fits 14. Plenty of storage. Built in Coolers. If you are looking for a boat with Huge Sound, a Monster Wake, Luxury Design, in Amazing Condition this is your boat."

This boat had the 2003 hull put on it because of a crack to the original hull. Malibu warrantied it and replaced it with a newer hull. It also only has 200 hours on it.

I am able to get this for $26k, is that a good price?

Boat Pics side view best

Edited by spilkster

Is that the one in Park City? Seems like a fair price if the actual condition is as good as the photos and as described. I was curious about the hull replacement but if he has the paperwork from Malibu and it checks out then could be good. For sure take it for a test run and have it a mechanic look it over. Good luck and perhaps see you out on Jordanelle or Deer Creek sometime.

Is that the one in Park City? Seems like a fair price if the actual condition is as good as the photos and as described. I was curious about the hull replacement but if he has the paperwork from Malibu and it checks out then could be good. For sure take it for a test run and have it a mechanic look it over. Good luck and perhaps see you out on Jordanelle or Deer Creek sometime.

It is the one up in PC. Good point on the paperwork. I plan on taking it for a test run, hopefully at Jordanelle. Nada shows a value of around $24k. Does that mean $26 is too much?

With all the stereo equipment etc not sure what is a fair price, but if it checks out and you like the boat then the price that you feel good about paying is the "fair" price. Hope the test drive goes wel and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Here's the real ad.

The price seems fairly fair for the options especially the tower.

I'm really curious about the cracked hull. I didn't think it was possible to split the "shoe box" of a boat and put a new lower section (hull) in place.

Edited by Pistol Pete