Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gas can recommendations?

dtm8119

Hey everyone...I need to pick up a couple gas cans...any recommendations? I'd like to get one that's around 6 gallons that is fast flowing....my dad has a 5 gallon one that takes forever to empty.

I have a feeling the EPA has put some stupid regulations on these things :(

A 5/8 inch siphon hose will dump those cans faster and its much easier IMHO.

Edited by LS-One

The jegs gas can is what I use with a 10 inch hose and cap,bought it for the sleds but works as well for the boats.Works great and with the the long hose and vent no spills in the lake.Well worth the money!!!

whatever gas can you get I recommend buying a gas can jiggler no lifting, no spilling, empties can fairly quick, check them out.

Bill,

How did you install those vents? Punch a hole in the can?

I used a drill bit.

I think the biggest problem I've had with the jigglers is the hose you put on it. It's always coiled up so it never wants to sit on the bottom of the can.

I used a drill bit.

I think the biggest problem I've had with the jigglers is the hose you put on it. It's always coiled up so it never wants to sit on the bottom of the can.

Where do you put the vent on can? Picture? I am interested to add it..

Get the slowest pooring 6 gallon can you can find. It will help work your beach muscles while you fill your boat up. Better than P90X

Where do you put the vent on can? Picture? I am interested to add it..

Same place the vents used to be on the old cans before the EPA cracked down on things....... top corner above the handle, on the backside from the pour spout.

Woody, what are you using to get the hose to sit on the bottom of the can while it's siphoning (rather than coiling back up to the top of the can)? And does the can need to be higher than the level it's siphoning to?

I use a wonder pump to siphon gas out of my motorcycle gas tank all the time.

The hose is fairly stiff, to empty a gas can, I would just walk it down the side of the can and hold it in place at the bottom of the can and re-coil shouldn't be a problem.

And yes, the can you're draining has to be higher than the can it's going into.

I use a wonder pump to siphon gas out of my motorcycle gas tank all the time.

The hose is fairly stiff, to empty a gas can, I would just walk it down the side of the can and hold it in place at the bottom of the can and re-coil shouldn't be a problem.

And yes, the can you're draining has to be higher than the can it's going into.

I just tip the can up a little on one corner and the hose just slides down to the lowest point. It will nearly suck all the gas out of the can.

Google "super Siphon". It's the best way to empty your cans. Easy to use and very enexpensive. Then it really wont matter what cans you buy.

I use 2 Hunsaker 12 gal cans with a 1" modified hose and 1 6 gal can with a 1 1/2" hose. I use a heavy duty garden wagon to cart it from the station down to the piers. I can empty all 30gal into the boat in under 2 min. Looks like Hunsaker's website is gone though. Tough economy.

On another note, I'm trying to find a 30-35 gal hard tank that I can mount to my garden wagon and install a DC fuel pump that would run off of the boats batteries. I've found a couple of aluminum tanks that could work, but the weight will be an issue. I need a poly tank. Anyone know of a tank that can be modified to accept a 2" fuel pump and still have a fill cap also? Moeller makes a 31 and 35 gal permanent tank for boats, but they say it can't be modified for my application.

I have had 5 of the PU jugs for over a year. Love them! If you conatct them direct, you may be able to save a little on shipping.

www.pu-products.com

Edited by jimw