Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat lift bunk question.

CVand2010VLX

Hi all. New to team Malibu, but not new to V-drives and ski boats. My family ordered a 2010 Wakesetter VLX, and we're set to take delivery of it in a couple of weeks. We're putting our lift in the water one day this week, and I am wondering if anyone has the ideal setup for how wide I should set the bunks (full length bunks - Floe VSD 5000 lift). I would normally wait untill I had the boat to just measure the trailer, but I really want to be able to get them adjusted and set up before I throw the lift in the water. Thanks alot and happy boating. This is an awesome forum!

Cody

Hi all. New to team Malibu, but not new to V-drives and ski boats. My family ordered a 2010 Wakesetter VLX, and we're set to take delivery of it in a couple of weeks. We're putting our lift in the water one day this week, and I am wondering if anyone has the ideal setup for how wide I should set the bunks (full length bunks - Floe VSD 5000 lift). I would normally wait untill I had the boat to just measure the trailer, but I really want to be able to get them adjusted and set up before I throw the lift in the water. Thanks alot and happy boating. This is an awesome forum!

Cody

Hey Cody,

I own the exact same lift. Your boat is newer than mine and different hull design so your measurements will differ.What I did was take all the measurements of the trailer when the boat was in the water and transposed them to the lift. The bunks need to be quite high off the crossmembers otherwise the gorilla fins will catch. Mine is setup within an inch or so. When you drive on be careful not to go to far in or the drive shaft will catch the cross member and potentially bend when you lift it out.Make sure you set the guides quite tight as they are extremely useful and will get the boat on very straight. I have found that the legs need to be set around 38 inches (guage on each leg) to have enough depth to get on and off easily. You can easily adjust that with the screw jack legs. This is an outstanding lift you will really like it. Let me know if you need any further instruction or advice I would be glad to help.

Whitelightning :thumbup:

Thanks the reply WhiteLightning! Our hoist is currently set up for our old boat ('99 Ski Centurion Elite VD), but thank you for the advice on height and where to set the legs. And you are right, Floe makes a great product, our dock is a Floe too and we love it.