Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towerbiminis Extended Bimini

jtrovato

I just ordered an extended bimini from towerbiminis.com for my 07 vRide and was wondering if anyone here has one and has pics of it? It's supposed to be easier to use than the Metcraft extension that you just add on to the standard bimini. I've looked through pretty much every bimini topic I could find but only found pictures of the Metcraft extended one.

Looking forward to getting it on so I can take my 1 year old son out there this summer and not have to worry about him getting too much sun!

Don't think I've come across it myself. I do have the Metcraft version and it does provide more shade but at the same time oyu need to dock to get back up front countless people run into it and of course the toower spool is harder to reach. But overall nothing that would prevent me from ordering it again for kid protection.

Don't think I've come across it myself. I do have the Metcraft version and it does provide more shade but at the same time oyu need to dock to get back up front countless people run into it and of course the toower spool is harder to reach. But overall nothing that would prevent me from ordering it again for kid protection.

Have them insert a zipper in the top...works great :thumbup:

Have them insert a zipper in the top...works great Thumbup.gif

Ya thought about it, but that requires some down time....no time for that...Whistling.gif Maybe this winter I'll see about actually doing it.

Ya thought about it, but that requires some down time....no time for that...Whistling.gif Maybe this winter I'll see about actually doing it.

Sometime you should call John @ Tower Bimini's and bring by the boat put up the Bimini he will mark the spot un hook the top install zipper and pay him 40-50 bucks...and Wala easy fix.. John is a good guy :thumbup:

Did a killer job on my extended bimini

The towerbiminis extended bimini comes with a zipper already on it to make it easier to access the tower spool, so no worries about that.

Malibudude, what did you mean by you have to dock it to get back up front? And do you mean because it's lower in the back, people run into it?