Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

California Lake

gripnrip

Anyone know how the lake levels and water temps are at New Melones, Don Pedro and/or Bullards Bar?

Pedro elevation is 810', 20' below full. The surface temp is in the high 60's to low 70's depending on the time of day. The kids wake boarded all weekend and didn't really complain too much about the cold water. I stayed in the boat!

The US Bureau of Reclamation has control of the water level at New Melones. I have been watching the inflow and outflow daily on the web.I know they have a piorty list and recreation is very low. The lake is half full and could be much higher. We have had a huge increase in rain/snow fall this year. They mite be leaving room for a large summer run-off but my guess is they are making money from increase power/eletric sales. It is very dissapointing to watch how much water they let run through. I have a houseboat there so I pay alittle extra attenion.

I drove over New Melones via the Parrot's Ferry Bridge Sunday it looks to be about 60' from full. I'm sure it's the same for Don Pedro and New Melones but I know MC Clure is required by Federal Law to keep the lake at a fairly low level via water releases in the Spring in the event of a massive snow melt that could fill up the lake in short order causing flooding concerns down stream. It happened in January of 1994

MC Clure pretty much filled up overnight after an unseasonal warm storm melted all the snow.

Believe me, it makes the people at the Merced Irrigation District crazy to have to release that much water.