Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If the Titan Series 3 Tower was still a option...

Bake's Marine

If the Titan Series 3 Tower was still a option, would you want one on your boat?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. If the Titan Series 3 Tower we're available, would you be interested?

• Yes, I do not have a tower and if the option was there I would want a Titan Series 3 Tower (after market install)
    • Yes, If the Titan Series 3 Tower was a option on a new 2010/2011 boat, I would want it (Factory install)
    • No, I prefer the Illusion series towers or no tower at all

Trying to help figure out what the demand is for the Titan Series 3 tower from Titan/Malibu if it was made available again?

Here are some photos of what the series 3 tower looked like

post-4023-127351156766_thumb.jpg post-4023-127351158114_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your time!

Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

I commented in another thread somewhere that I'm really bummed this tower is not available any longer. Really wishing I had ordered one when they were still available. It has such nice proportions, much more so in my mind than either the I or the II. Wondering why it isn't still available - did someone buy the rights, but then just sit on it? :dontknow:

I always liked the Titan towers,,but the III version was my least favorite. Just seemed like it had a little "too" much swing to the back.

I think it's too early to tell how the G3 will perform. Also, what would the savings be from a G3 to the Titan III, if any. I love mine so far, I think it looks good, not great, but I'm more of a functional guy anyways. :whistle:

I always liked the Titan towers,,but the III version was my least favorite. Just seemed like it had a little "too" much swing to the back.

Funny. I am the opposite. The III always had the most appeal for me. But the fact that all of them are strong & maintenance free (almost) is what matters to me the most.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 1

FWIW...If I were looking to put a tower on my boat, the T III would be my first choice

I agree. I am sooooo anti-tower when it comes to my boat. However, if the Titan III was available, I'd very much consider having it put on my boat. It would be the only tower I would ever consider buying.

EDIT: I like the idea of this tower.

http://www.smoothwatersports.com/news/new-titan-series-iii-for-response-series

DL6 wakeboard tower??

Edited by areamike

I commented in another thread somewhere that I'm really bummed this tower is not available any longer. Really wishing I had ordered one when they were still available. It has such nice proportions, much more so in my mind than either the I or the II. Wondering why it isn't still available - did someone buy the rights, but then just sit on it? Dontknow.gif

Star One owns the rights to the Series 1 and Series 2 Towers

Malibu Owns the right to the Titan name & Series 3 tower

Hey Paul,

Remember that Metcraft is no more & that the G3 is the replacement for the Illusion.

Titan rules. Rockon.gif

The Illusion style (facing forward) is what I meant with that question, the G3 is actually called the Illusion G3 Tower (Generation 3, although its really Generation 4 if you count the first one Titan did for Malibu)

-Paul

Of the T1/T2/T3 towers...I like the T3 best...but I personally think all of them look old school and too much like other wakeboard boats...they look similar to Supra towers. The Illusion series from my perspective is what really sets Malibu's apart from the rest.

Does a T-3 fold flatter than a T-2??

I love my T-2, but would like a T-3 if it folded flatter..

I think any tower that allowed for a boat to be stored in a 7' garage would be a huge selling point!

I don't care much for the Illusions, up to the G3 which I really like. I had the T3 on my iRide and would put it on another boat in a heartbeat. Although I never did figure out how to fold it down without help?

Ken

Malibu Owns the right to the Titan name & Series 3 tower

So Malibu secured the rights to the tower, with no (immediate?) intent to produce? If they didn't secure the rights in order to sell it, does that mean they did it to prevent others from getting it? If so, that would be really disappointing, not to mention :lame: .

Paul,

I don't currently own a boat so I didn't vote in the poll, but I did want to chime in on this. We've had Skylon & Illusion X & been around a multitude of others, & I can say unequivocally that having a Titan on the next boat (whether it's used or new, more than likely used though) will be a major priority. It won't quite be a deal breaker, but if we end up with a tower-less boat then having the option to buy a T3 would be a major plus. I would even consider pulling a less than stellar tower off in favor of a T3, I feel that strongly about it.

With all of the copycat Illusions popping up over the past few years, I really think that Malibu would be well-served to offer a Titan option.

I honestly like the look of my illusion tower. I think it is a cool design and I haven't had any problems with strength or quality. That being said I don't put that much stress on my tower, I have never tubed from it nor have I ever tried a foil (though they look like a blast). So I have no need to replace my tower, as mine fits my needs perfectly. I have heard great things about the Titan towers though and I am surprised Malibu doesn't offer them as an option based on what I hear about their strength. I think a lot of people are fine with an illusion but there is still a good size market for people that want a Titan and I think they are foolish to not offer it as an option.

If the G3 has the strength of the Titan III is there a need for the T3? It seems like the bimini design and visibility of the Illusion style tower is superior to the Titan.