Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Double Surf Rack options?

derkconnor

Im looking for a double surf board rack. I have found lots of combo rack.(1 wakeboard, 1 surf) I'm disappointed Metcraft doesn't make a double rack. I would like it to match the titan swivel rack I already have. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Derk

Im looking for a double surf board rack. I have found lots of combo rack.(1 wakeboard, 1 surf) I'm disappointed Metcraft doesn't make a double rack. I would like it to match the titan swivel rack I already have. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Derk

Easy answer.. Samson Typhoon Spinner!! Cheaper than Titan swivel rack.. Double surf board rack available..

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1688

Edited by Woodsprinter

Curious.. Which height do you put surf board racks on Illusion tower? High or low? i think High is better because of long board getting out of way?

I have my double Wake rack on the port(passenger) side in the lower position. So the double Surf should fit nicely on the port upper.

Is there any other options for double surf?

Will I be able to fit a double Surf rack above my double swivel wake rack? Will the wakeboads hit the surf boards if i get the fixed or swivel surf rack?

Heres a pic to help out

Thanks

Derk

post-8129-127355341189_thumb.jpg

Edited by derkconnor

Will I be able to fit a double Surf rack above my double swivel wake rack? Will the wakeboads hit the surf boards if i get the fixed or swivel surf rack?

Heres a pic to help out

Thanks

Derk

I would doubt it. your bottom racks (shown) have the angle that is designed to be on the top racks. The bottom style should be a more flat, or zero rise angle. The top forks should be on the top. You can just change the forks on the swivels. Of course you will need to buy the racks designed for the upper mounting position for the surf rack.

I would doubt it. your bottom racks (shown) have the angle that is designed to be on the top racks. The bottom style should be a more flat, or zero rise angle. The top forks should be on the top. You can just change the forks on the swivels. Of course you will need to buy the racks designed for the upper mounting position for the surf rack.

So can i just move the wake rack to the top the way it is and then buy a double surf rack (flat or zero rise) for the bottom?

So can i just move the wake rack to the top the way it is and then buy a double surf rack (flat or zero rise) for the bottom?

I recommend that surf boards to be top because they are too long and will block view and zero rise wouldn't hold surf boards well, i think.

wow nice selection of boards. Do you mind not haveing a swivel surf rack? Is the bottom titan swivel just a double wakeboard rack with some thin wake surf boards?

How which board do you like best?

Right now we have a 5' ronix koal and i like it a lot for my self(6'4 170lbs) but my brother and dad are alot biggar then me and the have to keep the rope tight to keep on the wake. They are both around 6'5 250lbs. We get a good size wake going in the LSV247. Any suggestions for a surf board for my dad and brohter??

Thanks

Derk

Derk

Yes most of the skim style boards (Inland Surfer Black Perl and the Hyperlite Brodcast) fit into a standard wakeboard rack.

Take a look at this thread about guys 220+ and the different boards they ride. I know Dennis (270) who rides with us uses a Walker 5'3" and he can go deep into the pocket and has no.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776575

Make sure your wave is good also on a boat as big as yours you are going to need a lot of weight. On my 07 23LSV we have 3500# all on the surf side plus people.

Also here is a vid of Dennis doing his 360 (just ignore the last part :cry: )