Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Six Ball Ski

Sullivan

That's good to hear Chef, as I wasn't very clear in my first point. My Monza is great at 36 and I'm sure the largest Strada and A1 would be also. What I failed to mention in my original post is that I still need to drill at 32 and 34 MPH in the course, and I can't have my ski stalling on me all the time. This was my problem 20 lbs ago with my 68" System 8, and I still have that problem with my Monza at 32 MPH in the course. Typically I free ski 36 all day and course ski at 34 and 36 but sometimes it's nice to be able to drop the speed to work on a new length or technique.

Maybe I just need a second ski...

That's good to hear Chef, as I wasn't very clear in my first point. My Monza is great at 36 and I'm sure the largest Strada and A1 would be also. What I failed to mention in my original post is that I still need to drill at 32 and 34 MPH in the course, and I can't have my ski stalling on me all the time. This was my problem 20 lbs ago with my 68" System 8, and I still have that problem with my Monza at 32 MPH in the course. Typically I free ski 36 all day and course ski at 34 and 36 but sometimes it's nice to be able to drop the speed to work on a new length or technique.

Maybe I just need a second ski...

UW I ski 32 mph sometimes and the ski seems to work fine for me. Here is some video of me taken this weekend at 32 mph on my A1. It was windy so the water wasn't great. I came off a 70" Monza and the A1 has more support than the Monza did.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UYBv8faLWmc

I just retired my HO Graphite T1 from sometime in the mid eighties. Upgraded to a new :unsure: to me 2005 Monza with dual Animals......WOW, what a difference

Last year I purchased a 2008 System 8 when all the 2009 stuff was coming out. It replaced my 2002 HO Charger. I will say that ski carried me pretty far but you really had to move around on it to work it through the course.

I'm still using a set of HO Animal bindings, they are just so comfortable and I trust them to release when needed. The Radar Vector boots interest me but ever since I tied an Obrien Bio I'm scared a front lace binding will not release as good at the Animals during a hard fall. Any one have some experience with these?

I'm still using a set of HO Animal bindings, they are just so comfortable and I trust them to release when needed. The Radar Vector boots interest me but ever since I tied an Obrien Bio I'm scared a front lace binding will not release as good at the Animals during a hard fall. Any one have some experience with these?

I used a Vector the later part of last year (coming off Animal). My concerns about releasing were eliminated the first time out when a nasty OTF left my ski about a 15 yard swim away. The inner material of the Vector does not have the tacky rubber feel of the Animal. They are super comfy, supportive, and require little or no slime.

If you go w/ them, you might want to knot the bungee over the clasp once you have the right fit...so you get the same consistent fit/tension each time out.

UW I ski 32 mph sometimes and the ski seems to work fine for me. Here is some video of me taken this weekend at 32 mph on my A1. It was windy so the water wasn't great. I came off a 70" Monza and the A1 has more support than the Monza did.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UYBv8faLWmc

Looks like your getting sprayed in the face pretty hard on the 2, 4, 6 ball. That doesn't happen at 34 mph does it.

I used a Vector the later part of last year (coming off Animal). My concerns about releasing were eliminated the first time out when a nasty OTF left my ski about a 15 yard swim away. The inner material of the Vector does not have the tacky rubber feel of the Animal. They are super comfy, supportive, and require little or no slime.

If you go w/ them, you might want to knot the bungee over the clasp once you have the right fit...so you get the same consistent fit/tension each time out.

How tight do you run your laces, both with the Animal and the Vector? I pull the laces on my Animals as tight as I can get them, but it takes that to get a good snug feeling. The boots are sized properly for my feet, but I just like to have them really snug. However, they will releaes when necessary.

I'm just wondering if you don't need to run the Vector as tight to get the same "connected" feeling as with the Animal.

Thanks.

How tight do you run your laces, both with the Animal and the Vector? I pull the laces on my Animals as tight as I can get them, but it takes that to get a good snug feeling. The boots are sized properly for my feet, but I just like to have them really snug. However, they will releaes when necessary.

I'm just wondering if you don't need to run the Vector as tight to get the same "connected" feeling as with the Animal.

Thanks.

In fairness of full disclosure, Wayne, I swapped to the Strada boot on my primary ski. With the water being rather cold around here the better part of the year, the closed toe design is a huge benefit. The Strada bungee is not supposed to be only lightly tightened (which is tough to do after being in rubber boots).

Back to the Vector...which I now have mounted on a wider ski I use on occassion. I run it rather tight, but this may be because my foot is on the smaller end of the fitting scale (Mens 7-11, and I'm an 8).

The general consensus is that is is more difficult to change bindings then skis. The Vector gets the nod over the Animal for comfort and ease of entry. IMO, there is plenty of support and feedback there as well, and after a few sets, you'd be very happy w/ them (and your feet would thank you). Hopefully you have the ability to try them somewhere before buying. They are legit.