Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Six Ball Ski

Sullivan

Hey Guys,

Just curious what everyone is riding this year? I'm looking at a new ski and have limited my selection to a Strada with their hard shell boots, A1 Syndicate with their new boot/binding system and the D3 Z7 ST with the HO boot/bindings.

I am on the Z7 it was a late ski and I have seen it said some of the late Z7 are the same as the Z7st :unsure:

All I know is I am skiing better then ever and I love the ski. I stayed with Wiley's Hi wraps so I can't say much about the new bindings. I did look long and hard at the RS1 bindings but just didn't do it. One thing at a time.

2010 Syndicate A1 w/ Approaches. Contemplating the new HO EXO Pro's but $600...?

All three of those skis are ridiculously fast skis. Can you find a way to demo before you buy? Where are you located?

EDIT: Just saw your profile says "Woodland, WA". Demo through Wiley's? If you find yourself in Nor Cal there's a private lake where you can do demo's through a distributor.

2nd EDIT: To fix fat-finger spelling. :)

Edited by NorCaliBu
What is a Syndictae? Is it a ski for guys with dictator syndrome??? :tease1:

Hi Michael!

:clap: Jack is back. :) A Syndictae is a Syndicate ski for guys with fat fingers. See? :thumbup:

:lol:

Glad to have you back. :unsure: Maybe. Getting any skiing done? Or is your lake still frozen? :biggrin:

2010 Syndictae A1 w/ Approaches. Contemplating the new HO EXO Pro's but $600...?

All three of those skis are ridiculously fast skis. Can you find a way to demo before you buy? Where are you located?

EDIT: Just saw your profile says "Woodland, WA". Demo through Wiley's? If you find yourself in Nor Cal there's a private lake where you can do demo's through a distributor.

No kidding, $600 is a lot. However, I don't want an ankle injury and if they stop that from happening it could be well worth it. Heck, with the ski and the boots its still less than the Obrien blank ski. :)

Before I demoed a ski I thought I would throw this up on the site to see what everyone else is on. We might have Trent Finlayson out to our lake for a day or two of lessons and he will be bringing all the Radar gear. That will be cool.

Before I demoed a ski I thought I would throw this up on the site to see what everyone else is on. We might have Trent Finlayson out to our lake for a day or two of lessons and he will be bringing all the Radar gear. That will be cool.

That sounds like a good opportunity!! You might inquire about the prototype "Wide Strada" that there has been some talk about on other forums (0.20" wider than norm). A guess is that it may be next years redesigned version of the Radar Senate C.

Given the importance of bindings w/ safety and all, (IMO) you may want to consider allowing some time for that brand new stuff to become proven, and mfgs to work the bugs out if necessary.

Hey Guys,

Just curious what everyone is riding this year? I'm looking at a new ski and have limited my selection to a Strada with their hard shell boots, A1 Syndicate with their new boot/binding system and the D3 Z7 ST with the HO boot/bindings.

68" Strada with D3 Hiwraps. Only got 6 sets on it but I'm convinced this is one of the best skis I've ever ridden. Fast, stable, turns easy, forgiving. You definitely gotta at least try one.

Ed

:clap: Jack is back. :) A Syndictae is a Syndicate ski for guys with fat fingers. See? :thumbup:

:lol:

Glad to have you back. :unsure: Maybe. Getting any skiing done? Or is your lake still frozen? :biggrin:

I see your humor is still lousy. Oh and I skied April 6th, ice is long gone. Now if I can just get my re-herniated disc to cooperate...

As to the topic, I'm on a 2010 Z7 and LOVE it. Point and shoot, without the effort.

Now if I can just get my re-herniated disc to cooperate...

Well if your back didn't have to support such a big mouth... :whistle:

Or maybe it's that Thunder Dome gut of yours.... :rofl:

:lol: I slay me. :lol:

As to the topic, I'm on a 2010 Z7 and LOVE it. Point and shoot, without the effort.

And Jack is all about not putting any effort into anything... :unsure: ...just ask the ladies. :rofl:

:biggrin: Alright, I'm done.

Well if your back didn't have to support such a big mouth... :whistle:

Or maybe it's that Thunder Dome gut of yours.... :rofl:

:lol: I slay me. :lol:

And Jack is all about not putting any effort into anything... :unsure: ...just ask the ladies. :rofl:

:biggrin: Alright, I'm done.

I'm glad somebody gets a kick out of your sense of humor. Even if it is only you. Surprisingly, you were right about one thing...the ladies will tell you I don't even have to try--I'm THAT good. Back to the Kama Sutra book for you! :rofl:

I'm still rolling a 2001 HO CDX. Unfortunately the ski has nothing to do with my lack of improvement. More so less and less time on the water. One day I would love a new ski though.

ahhh the old norcal v jack discussions. memories... :lol:

I rocked out on an a1 all summer with strada boots. Think i will be sticking with it again next summer... That is unless i can get a 65 strada under my feet, but i fear i wouldnt be returning it. I rode a 67 in jan. appart from feeling as long as a race ski, i felt why the thing will be a top stick. IMO its out of the Z7st or strada for best new ski.

I spoke to both Eddie Roberts of Radar and Paul Crawford of D3, very impressed with both guys. Great people. Eddie told me they have about a week of work left on a new 69" Strada. However he felt I should be on a 68", I'll give that a try and see what I think.

Paul mentioned that the new Terry Winter hard shell boots will be out in August so I am looking forward to seeing those.

I'm also excited to see Terry's new boots, he always has good stuff. A lot of intentionality and practicality goes into his boots...

I am on a 2009 A1 68.75 with a newly added Strada front boot with a RTP. I haven't been in the course this year but I am liking the binding so far. The ski was new last summer so I have some sets on it and like it a lot.

Real ski boots.

skiboots.jpg

Seeing that you are in Texas, that huge hunk of gold on your kitchen island has got to be an aggie ring! =P

Still rocking the '05 Monza 70" with Animals and slot fin. Been wanting to get on a more modern stick for a few years now but just don't get enough sets anymore to make it worthwhile. I've gotten it dialed in to where it's fast and predictable after a lot of struggles with different fin settings so I don't necessarily want to change anything on it unless I go with something new.

At 240 lbs and fluctuating, nobody really makes a ski that's good for me to really make progress at 36 MPH. 69" Strada sounds interesting though... That and nobody makes size 14 bindings in their high end. :( I could use a new binder setup. I messed up my right ankle in my Animals 3 years ago and it hasn't been the same since.

Still rocking the '05 Monza 70" with Animals and slot fin. Been wanting to get on a more modern stick for a few years now but just don't get enough sets anymore to make it worthwhile. I've gotten it dialed in to where it's fast and predictable after a lot of struggles with different fin settings so I don't necessarily want to change anything on it unless I go with something new.

At 240 lbs and fluctuating, nobody really makes a ski that's good for me to really make progress at 36 MPH. 69" Strada sounds interesting though... That and nobody makes size 14 bindings in their high end. :( I could use a new binder setup. I messed up my right ankle in my Animals 3 years ago and it hasn't been the same since.

I am close to your weight with two bad knees. I sold my 67" Goode and moved over to a 68" Z7 wow love it I am skiing 36mph @ 35 off no course but very agressive...

I thought I herd Wiley's will do large bindings. I know there not the latest Hi Tech but for my skiing I am very happy with them.

I weigh what you do and am on a 68.75" HO A1. I do ski 34 mph into deep 32 off (I have made 5 but not gotten 6 yet) and see no reason why this won't handle 36 mph.