Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Correct BI boom for 04' Rlxi

CTbouychaser

I searched for awhile, and a lot of the stuff I read suggested the answer - but nobody ever came out and said it.

Will the universal contour boom from BI fit an 04' Rlxi? I've read that the boat requires 17" of offset, and there are better booms suggested, but I've read no statement saying which BI model fits the 04 Rlxi.

I only ask because I know someone who has a BI universal contour boom, and wants to get rid of it cheap. Wondering if it will fit.

Not looking to buy new.

Thanks!

The universal contour boom does not fit the Rlxi. I have a 05 and had to purchase the one with the special bend, plus the 2' extension (you definately want this to get out of the spay). Not many options I am aware of for our model year Response's.

FWIW...Beemans makes a pretty good boom too!

If going w/ the BI....I'm 95% sure it is the "Quad Contour" model that you'll be after. ECI/Skylon also has an application designed for that boat (03-06 RLXI)

Correct. It's the Quad Contour. If you want it to come out the driver's side you'll need to get a custom bend. Just call BI direct if you want to go that route. I did it and they charged me like $100 extra.

Mike