Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Hydraulic Steering

kingcowie

Hey Guys one from Australia.

We are at the end of the season and i have a 08 Response LXi and will need to replace my steering cable for the second season in a row. Just like last year steering is very heavy and sticky, checked rudder and rack at the steering ; all points to problem with cable.

We do ski in a salt water lake but try very carefull not get to much water into the boat. but after talking with a keen fishing mate he has said that i should change the cable out to a hydraulic steering unit. These are very common in outboards but i haven't found any information on people putting them into inboards.

Has anybody done this change from steering cable to a hydraulic steering unit and if so can you share how you did and what model you used.

Thanks in advance

kingcowie