Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help! I'm boat cover challenged!

Modajones

Hi everyone, this is my first post so excuse me if the question seems stupid. I just traded my i/o for a 2003 Wakesetter VLX. When I got it to my lift I realized that the canopy on my lift is too low so for now I need to put the tower down to get it on the lift. Eventually I hope to attempt to raise the canopy higher. My old boat had a snap on cover, where this one is a solid piece. I must say that I about lost my sanity trying to get the cover to fit while lifting the tower (with 4 speakers and lights because the cover goes underneath them). No matter what I did I didn't seem to get the cover on snug. Then disaster strikes. I get a call from my neighbor yesturday who says that the canopy to my lift is ripped due to the storms and high winds. We rush up to the lake and find the canopy is flopping in the wind and rain. The boat cover is partially off. So we spend the next couple of hours trying to get everything back together. My question is this...is it a challenge to put these covers on with a tower down while on a lift when you can only access the one side. I Really like not having the snaps on the boat but I found the old way much simpler. Inside the cover is just rope and we checked some of the new covers and they have an elastic inside. Maybe that is the answer. Just looking for some advice.

Thanks!!

Edited by Modajones

What tower & cover do you have?

My Rankin cover isn't really designed to fit over the Titan tower. I've done it a couple of times & it sort of works. But doing it while in the boat would be tough.

What tower & cover do you have?

My Rankin cover isn't really designed to fit over the Titan tower. I've done it a couple of times & it sort of works. But doing it while in the boat would be tough.

I don't know which tower I have. The cover I assume comes from Malibu, it has the name Malibu accross the windshield. The cover is designed not to cover the tower. The tower rest on top of it.

Can you give us a pic. of the tower? BTW, the gray cover with "Malibu" on the windshield is a Commercial Sewing (C.S.) factory cover.

You might wanna add sleeves to the cover to go around the tower "legs" if you have this style tower.

Edited by Pistol Pete

I don't know which tower I have. The cover I assume comes from Malibu, it has the name Malibu accross the windshield. The cover is designed not to cover the tower. The tower rest on top of it.

I'll try to get some pictures this week so you can see it.

I would say that my cover is similiar to yours. Again the challenge I have is putting the cover on when the tower in down and the boat is on a lift. Hopefully the picture might tell you more.

I'll try to get some pictures this week so you can see it.

I would say that my cover is similiar to yours. Again the challenge I have is putting the cover on when the tower in down and the boat is on a lift. Hopefully the picture might tell you more.

Well I'm afraid that I didn't get any pictures. I think that I'll just leave the boat cover off when I'm up at the lake and it's under the canopy. It just take forever to get the cover on the boat when it's on my lift with the tower folded down. I can only assume that most people put the cover on when it's on a trailer and the tower is up and you are able to walk completely around it.

I put my Rankin cover on from inside the boat, while it's sitting in a boat slip all the time. I don't have to put the tower down, but the cover hardly fits with the tower down so it is a PITA whether your in the boat or outside of it.

I put my Rankin cover on from inside the boat, while it's sitting in a boat slip all the time. I don't have to put the tower down, but the cover hardly fits with the tower down so it is a PITA whether your in the boat or outside of it.

I feel your pain!!!

MalibuNation

I have the factory cover that has the word Malibu that goes along the windshield ... made in TN. Definitely made for the tower up. My tower is a Titan II.

post-371-127417956205_thumb.jpg

I have the factory cover that has the word Malibu that goes along the windshield ... made in TN. Definitely made for the tower up. My tower is a Titan II.

I think I've come to the same conclusion. I'm leaning toward leaving the cover off since it will be under the canopy but still worry about the spiders and bird nest.

you might want to check into an evolution cover, Ithink all the connections are at the transome so you would be able to stand on the swim step.

I have the factory cover with Malibu accross the windshield and would hate to try and put in on while holding the tower, from inside the boat.

you might want to check into an evolution cover, Ithink all the connections are at the transome so you would be able to stand on the swim step.

I have the factory cover with Malibu accross the windshield and would hate to try and put in on while holding the tower, from inside the boat.

Removing the canpoy may be your solution...

Mine was in a 20ft wide slip so dock access only on the starboard side.

EZ solution was a Big Bertha tube turned upside down and gave us total access to all sides.

Only legitimate use for a tube in my opinion.

7f.JPG

I've raised my canopy 4 notches.

That's one of the things that I plan on trying. It would be nice to at least drive on the lift without having to always lowering the tower.