Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-Ride 2006 Won't Start

I was talking the V-ride out of hibernation and in the process of hooking up the battery I accidently touched the positive and negative terminals with my wrench. This did not trip either of the main breakers but I can't get the boat to start now. All of the electrical components work except the dash. When I try to start the boat it will crank but it won't start. By Touching the positive and negative terminals could it have fried the computer? Please help

Kill switch lanyard. I have a 2005 MC, but I had this problem at the end of last year. No dash, turns over and doesn't start. Kill switch. Check it and hopefully you'll be good!

I was talking the V-ride out of hibernation and in the process of hooking up the battery I accidently touched the positive and negative terminals with my wrench. This did not trip either of the main breakers but I can't get the boat to start now. All of the electrical components work except the dash. When I try to start the boat it will crank but it won't start. By Touching the positive and negative terminals could it have fried the computer? Please help

Yes double check the lanyard. Dont just make sure it is installed but push the button in as far as it will go and try it. Those lanyards seem to be problematic.

I reversed the wiring on mine to eliminate the possibility and now if the lanyard is installed the boat won't start.

Yes double check the lanyard. Dont just make sure it is installed but push the button in as far as it will go and try it. Those lanyards seem to be problematic.

I reversed the wiring on mine to eliminate the possibility and now if the lanyard is installed the boat won't start.

It was the lanyard. I took it off and held down the button and the dash worked when I turned on the ignition. Thanks for you help.