Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Navigation light on top of Illusion x tower

I just purchased a wonderful 2008 Vride. The navigation light on top of the illusion x tower does not appear to be working. Is there a bulb which can be replaced? The black, round assembly at the top of the tower does rotate, and seems like it may be removable from the tower, but I have not forced that issue. No information is in the owner's manual. Anyone know what/how to fix this?

thanks

I just purchased a wonderful 2008 Vride. The navigation light on top of the illusion x tower does not appear to be working. Is there a bulb which can be replaced? The black, round assembly at the top of the tower does rotate, and seems like it may be removable from the tower, but I have not forced that issue. No information is in the owner's manual. Anyone know what/how to fix this?

thanks

it pulls up, then you can access the screws underneath that hold it.

it pulls up, then you can access the screws underneath that hold it.

Does the black assembly pull all the way out? If so, how is the light inside powered?

thanks for your help

Does the black assembly pull all the way out? If so, how is the light inside powered?

thanks for your help

the whole thing just pops up about 4", pull it up from the black base of the light, there is a post the wire runs inside of. If there was any question whether the ski pylon on the tower was higher than the nav light, you could just pull the light up and be legal.

it is pretty simple.

thanks for your help

The black assembly stays on the tower. The clear cover twists and lifts off. The bulb look like a fuse might look. One end sits on the black base, the clear cover has a wire that connects to the black base when it is on and carries power to the top.

Might light got bumped once and the catch on the clear cover broke just enough so the wire would not make contact. It doesn't sound like this is your issue, but you may want to check

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know what kind of bulb is in the anchor light on top of the illusion x tower? Had to order a new lens case, water came up and i snapped it off putting it on the lift last night.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what kind of bulb is in the anchor light on top of the illusion x tower? Had to order a new lens case, water came up and i snapped it off putting it on the lift last night.

Does anyone know what kind of bulb this is? I don't have any bulb to cross with another model. I called a few dealers and Merced and they don't know either. Thanks.

Does anyone know what kind of bulb this is? I don't have any bulb to cross with another model. I called a few dealers and Merced and they don't know either. Thanks.

I called Bakes and they sent me a couple.