Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bow balast

edo

looking at getting my first wakebording boat 2010 ride21 with the 350 and want to know what i need to make it a surf machine :)

do you need bow ballast? didnt look like flyhigh made a bag for that??? is there a plug and play system for the boat ?

and dont want to brake the bank. the boat cost 600000.00 whats up with that lol

Edited by edo

looking at getting my first wakebording boat 2010 ride21 with the 350 and want to know what i need to make it a surf machine :)

do you need bow ballast? didnt look like flyhigh made a bag for that??? is there a plug and play system for the boat ?

Get the bow ballast it's a must with that hull for surfing or wakeboarding. You need to work with the dealer on the price.

Edited by 06vlx

Get the bow ballast it's a must with that hull for surfing or wakeboarding. You need to work with the dealer on the price.

dealer said that was not an option on the ride ???? do i need to go to a lsv ??

dealer said that was not an option on the ride ???? do i need to go to a lsv ??

Yeah, Vride doesn't have bow ballast option but you can add integrated bow sac under cushion.. That's why I am getting LSV. VLX has bow ballast, too..

how much can u fit under the bow ??

They changed hulls in the vRide in 09, I think... to the 05-08 VLX hull. They still can't adapt the factory bow ballast...??? If this is true then you can do this bag but you can only fill it to about 400lbs.

They changed hulls in the vRide in 09, I think... to the 05-08 VLX hull. They still can't adapt the factory bow ballast...??? If this is true then you can do this bag but you can only fill it to about 400lbs.

I have the 09 Vride and no you can't take out the supports for the seating in the bow still. I know on the other models the supports are screwed in where the Vride is molded. I didn't get the bow sac like you suggested NDawg but I did buy these http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_HppWd. I've been thinking about seeing if I could return these and get the bow sac like you suggested. Would be much easier plumbing wise.

• 2 weeks later...

First off 600,000 dollars for a vride and no bow ballast?

From what I have heard and what I have seen, the bow ballast is necessary for cleaning up the wake and make it longer. If you add weight to the back you need weight in the front. Or some big guys to stick up there.

First off 600,000 dollars for a vride and no bow ballast?

From what I have heard and what I have seen, the bow ballast is necessary for cleaning up the wake and make it longer. If you add weight to the back you need weight in the front. Or some big guys to stick up there.

I think it was genius on Malibu's part. Previous Malibu owners that want to upgrade but don't want to spend 80-100k on a boat have alternatives. They can get essentially a very similar boat to the Wakesetter series at a significantly lower price. So they take those options and make them unavailable.

I've watched wakeboarders on "YouTube" get huge air off of wakes that are half the size of mine. I think that unless your going pro or your doing some really killer tricks how do you justify and extra 20-30k on a boat? I could have upgraded but it just makes other toys that much more affordable.

Its not about size, it is about cleaning up the wake. You can always buy a sac for the bow or walkway. Or just use people.

I have seen pros riding behind vrides so it isn't the wake that makes the rider. We used to do flips on my old Direct Drive without any ballast. However, the better the wake the easier the tricks become.

Edited by wakeboy