Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Model - Which would be Perfect for you?

SmoothWaterMan

Which Malibu model listed would be (or is) the perfect model for you and your uses.  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which Malibu model listed would be (or is) the perfect model for you and your uses.

• 2005 Malibu Sportster
    • 2005 Malibu Sportster LX
    • 2006 Malibu Response
    • 2006 Malibu Response LX
    • 2006 Malibu Response LXi
    • 2004 Malibu Sunsetter LXi
    • 2006 Malibu Sunsetter LXi
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 21.5 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 23 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 247
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 25 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu i-Ride
    • 2006 Malibu V-Ride
    • 2006 Malibu XTi-Ride
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter VLX
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23 XTi
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 247
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 25
    • 2009 Response V-Drive

The reason it is leading is because all of the wakeboarding boats take votes away from each other where the RLXI takes most of the traditional slalom/skiing/footing votes.

Good point. Although it is interesting to point out that of the 99 votes total, 49 are for DD rides (includes XTi), 46 are for VD (did not count the non-existant Response V)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• Malibudude

• WakeGirl

• SunriseH2OSkier

I guess themalibucrew is one of the last strongholds of slalom skiers in the world. (?)  Seems odd if that is truly the case, for I would have thought the forum to be a better sampling of owners.

Could be because your DD people are in it for the long term and some of your VD people are blips on the radar screen.

I guess themalibucrew is one of the last strongholds of slalom skiers in the world. (?)  Seems odd if that is truly the case, for I would have thought the forum to be a better sampling of owners.

Could be because your DD people are in it for the long term and some of your VD people are blips on the radar screen.

Ouch, I never realized I was a blip. I hope my wife doesn't notice!

Blip or not, I just like the fact that the Response V-Drive has outsold 13 actual production models so far. Whistling.gif

hehehehehe:::cough::::oh Malibu......

Edited by SmoothWaterMan
Blip or not, I just like the fact that the Response V-Drive has outsold 13 actual production models so far.  Whistling.gif

hehehehehe:::cough::::oh Malibu......

That is interesting. I like that the SLXI classic is in 3rd place and out production for 2 years.

Peter,

In your opinion what do you think the wake be like on the Response V-drive?

Lol....well in MY mind it's absolutely perfect. But, the entire boat was created in MY mind, and as far as I know still only exists in my mind. The fact that I put 2009 down for a year was just hypothetically. I'd like to see something available sooner. (2007 would be nice)

I opinion is that if you moved the cockpit forward (a'la cab forward style) the weight and balance would not be disrupted too much. What I wouldn't want is a 20' V-drive with a tall transom just to keep the water out. The 21 LSV is not a bad barefoot boat, it has plenty of acceleration and top speed. It would interesting to see if the suppression plate made a difference in the table.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Disclaimer related to all of this - I don't work for Malibu, and they don't like my suggestions, so I'm not any sort of company voice. Biggrin.gif

I wonder if there's any way for us to find out what the actual breakout looks like? I'd guess it even varies from dealer to dealer.

I dont' think I've ever even seen a DD at my dealer.

Edited by chathamsolutions

88, it went pretty well, although it did not blow me away like I wanted it to. It was sold, and the customer is adding a Red titan tower (DL-6) and tattoo graphics, very much like the extreme green one we had.

Chatham, It varies dramatically from region to region. Nation-wide the top 3 best sellers are the WVLX, W23LSV, RLXi, in that order.

Peter.

187 folks viewed this.....34 voted?

So we assume those 34 looked at it 3 times after voting.  That still leaves 102 viewers that didn't bother to vote.  Why not?

Sign of the times :( it reflects our society in general :(

does it count the views when you go back to read the comments?

And as stated earlier - The models listed in the poll aren't considered the "perfect" boat for me right now... so I'm not sure how to "vote" for those

Edited by SacRiverRat
does it count the views when you go back to read the comments?

And as stated earlier - The models listed in the poll aren't considered the "perfect" boat for me right now... so I'm not sure how to "vote" for those

Every time a topic is read the # of views are counted.

Almost 150 votes and the RLXi is holding strong. Wow, and who said skiboats were dead. Very cool. Even by adding the wakeboard boats into one group and the slalom boats into another, the numbers hold true at 56 wake vs 66 ski.

Very interesting niche here at themalibucrew.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm looking forward to the boat show this year to see the 247 in person.

My guess is that the CFO won't let me go by myself.....

I will tell you , It truly is an awesome boat. We drove, skied, surfed, rode and purchased about a month ago. I think that it will work out perrrrfect for us. It is a very surprising boat. Yahoo.gif

• 2 weeks later...
A Responce LXi V-drive would be the perfect next boat for us, but waiting till 09  Cry.gif

Well don't hold your breath. It's been almost 6 years and I haven't convinced anyone to build my Response V-Drive barefoot boat yet.... :)

smConcept%20SSV.jpg

Pete: You should show the Malibu people the numbers from the survey some day. 8 people that a lot, you never know. I would like to see it built with a more traditional V-drive interior though and on the RLXi hull. I'd be at the dealer tomorrow.

Edited by onamission