Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Model - Which would be Perfect for you?

SmoothWaterMan

Which Malibu model listed would be (or is) the perfect model for you and your uses.  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which Malibu model listed would be (or is) the perfect model for you and your uses.

• 2005 Malibu Sportster
    • 2005 Malibu Sportster LX
    • 2006 Malibu Response
    • 2006 Malibu Response LX
    • 2006 Malibu Response LXi
    • 2004 Malibu Sunsetter LXi
    • 2006 Malibu Sunsetter LXi
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 21.5 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 23 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 247
    • 2006 Malibu Sunscape 25 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu i-Ride
    • 2006 Malibu V-Ride
    • 2006 Malibu XTi-Ride
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter VLX
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23 XTi
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 247
    • 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 25
    • 2009 Response V-Drive

As an answer to some questions posted in the other Malibu Model Thread. (I actually had 23 choices, but was limited by the board to 20 options)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• Malibudude

• WakeGirl

• SunriseH2OSkier

I choose the WS LSV, becuase it's what I have. Don't know that I wouldn't end up in an VLX if I were looking today though. Similar in size. A little smaller = less to clean. :)

We would love to have a v-drive because we board 99% of the time. My parents would be happy with a VLX but I would love to have an LSV:Drool: or maybe even the 247 but I would have to drive/ride it. This is of course if money wasn't an issue and someone was giving us the boat.

A Responce LXi V-drive would be the perfect next boat for us, but waiting till 09  Cry.gif

Well don't hold your breath. It's been almost 6 years and I haven't convinced anyone to build my Response V-Drive barefoot boat yet.... :)

smConcept%20SSV.jpg

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

187 folks viewed this.....34 voted?

So we assume those 34 looked at it 3 times after voting. That still leaves 102 viewers that didn't bother to vote. Why not?

The RLXi is running away with the early returns. What's up with that? I mean, it's a great boat and all (I might be a little biased), but I would have expected the results to be a bit more balanced.

So we assume those 34 looked at it 3 times after voting.  That still leaves 102 viewers that didn't bother to vote.  Why not?

Probably because it's a moot point for most here- Malibu has had the widest, most flexible lineup for several years now, hard not to get what you want or need.

In addition, with all the "what should I get next" threads, anyone who doesn't have the boat they want, likely has hatched plans to get it soon.

Now, if there was power package that used 1/2 the gas for the same power, torque, & weight- you might have a few more votes...

Well, I don't understand your reasoning that since you have the perfect boat you won't bother to vote to that effect. (?)

But, each to their own! Thanks anyhow. I am very intriqued to see if the RLXi still leads after 100 votes. And a solid Rockon.gif to the few brave souls that voted for a Response V Drive.

I love this country.

:D

Edited by SmoothWaterMan
I voted for the RLXI however; the 99'-04' SLXI is better for me.

The '94 SLXi is a choice in the poll...

Dooh missed that thanks for pointing it out, I corrected the poll. Definately the 04' SLXI in my vote.

So we assume those 34 looked at it 3 times after voting.  That still leaves 102 viewers that didn't bother to vote.  Why not?

Probably because it's a moot point for most here- Malibu has had the widest, most flexible lineup for several years now, hard not to get what you want or need.

In addition, with all the "what should I get next" threads, anyone who doesn't have the boat they want, likely has hatched plans to get it soon.

Now, if there was power package that used 1/2 the gas for the same power, torque, & weight- you might have a few more votes...

I totally agree with this statement, but in looking at the poll it makes me wonder if there isn't too much choice & if Malibu could cut some costs by consolidating a bit. There are 2 boats that are clearly out in the lead. I'd be curious to see what actual sales numbers are for the different models.

Edited by WakeGirl

I guess I didn't mean going that far, but they could completely eliminate the 21 & 23 Sunscapes since you can buy any of the Wakesetters now on the Diamond hull. There are definitely other ways to consolidate as well without losing guys like you.

Just an observation. I don't get paid the big bucks by Malibu so I'm sure there are good reasons behind having so many models.

I am very intriqued to see if the RLXi still leads after 100 votes.

92 votes in, the RLXi leads the WVLX by 8 votes. The RLXi can do no worse than a tie for the lead at 100 votes. As great a boat as I think the RLXi is, I'm still surprised by this.

I guess themalibucrew is one of the last strongholds of slalom skiers in the world. (?) Seems odd if that is truly the case, for I would have thought the forum to be a better sampling of owners.

I am primarily a slalom guy and that is my reason for voting for the RLXI. It gives you the most room in a slalom course friendly boat.

The reason it is leading is because all of the wakeboarding boats take votes away from each other where the RLXI takes most of the traditional slalom/skiing/footing votes.