Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 LSV Interior measurement

derkconnor

:crazy:

Alright I do have to admit this seems a bit crazy but I'm looking to fit my sxr800 jet ski inside of a 247 LSV. My parents have a house in Lake Havasu City and they are going to bring back the boat next month. We also have a Rhino and my jet ski that needs to make it back to Canada (24 hour drive). He will have the rhino in the back of the F350 and towing the boat.

So who ever has a 247 LSV can you please get me the inside measurement between the seats. (Length and width) If I cant fit it laying on the carpet we were thinking of making a stand so it sits just about the seat line.

Cheers

Derk

Hahaha, I want to go on record saying that is a bad idea. However, if you pull this off you need to post some pictures of this. I have a jetski and I think it weighs about 600 pounds, not the easiest thing to move so out of curiousity, how are you getting the jet ski into the boat?

lol, Well I have seen crazier things.

We will get a fork lift to lower the ski into the boat. My ski weights less then 400lbs so I dont think it will be a problem for the boat or trailer. Both boats will be low on fuel to save some weight.

And Yes i will be getting pics of this!!! :thumbup:

Ok well good luck. I am sorry I don't have those measurements, but I feel like they would fit. My only concern would be the integrity of the floor after a long drive with that much weight. Especially if the jet ski manages to bounce up and down at all. I would highly recommend using some kind of think foam padding to seperate the jetski from the floor and give some kind of protection as well as strapping the jet ski down so it doesn't bounce up and down at all.

Yes, post pics of this. You might put a sheet of 3/4" plywood on the floor first to help spread the load a bit, trimmed to fit of course. Do you have a PWC stand you could set it on for the trip?

I have a wooden stand made out of 2x6's so the ski sits just off the floor. That will be a good idea to lay some plywood down to spread the weight out. Where do you think will be the best place to strap the ski down to? Maybe under the seat cushions?

Any one have their boat handy to get a measurement?

Yes, post pics of this. You might put a sheet of 3/4" plywood on the floor first to help spread the load a bit, trimmed to fit of course. Do you have a PWC stand you could set it on for the trip?

I have a wooden stand made out of 2x6's so the ski sits just off the floor. That will be a good idea to lay some plywood down to spread the weight out. Where do you think will be the best place to strap the ski down to? Maybe under the seat cushions?

Any one have their boat handy to get a measurement?

Rear cleats, rear u bolts, tower on each side. Put padding between tie downs and gelcoat, or wrap the straps with some cotton or microfiber cloth and tape it to the strap. The more different directions you have tied off (front to rear, side to side) the harder it will be for it to move, and easier it will be to hold it down with less down force. With 6 or 8 straps coming off of it around the perimeter, you may be able to tie it to the drivers seat base off of the front to hold it down.

You also might be able to stick a 2x4 or something inside across the front access panel in the floor and then you will have something you can pull up against. At 400 lbs, I would say plywood on the floor is overkill. That is = two guys standing in the middle of the floor in a boat built for over a dozen people.

Edited by MalibuTime

I agree with the plywood idea. It may only be the weight of two men, but if your tie downs become a little loose (which wouldn't be shocking on a long trip) and your trailer hits a decent size bump (also wouldn't be shocking on a long trip) then you have 400 lbs gaining momentum and hitting your floor at one point. I would personally be much more inclined to but a cheap piece of plywood to take any potential hits instead of risking any dents in my floor.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, My Parents made the trip from Lake Havasu City all the way up to Saskatchewan. It was about 24 hour drive and didn't have any problems at all. Here are some pictures to show that you can fit a stand up jet ski into a LVS 247 :rockon:

post-8129-127594242172_thumb.jpg

haha! holy crap! that's pretty impressive.

this reminded of a friend of mine's idea to rebuild his negelectd teak swimstep out off trex and incorporate bunks for a stand-up jetski.

dunno if you guys have dihatsu charades in the states but they are pretty much the smallest car out. 3cyl hatchback thing. I managed to fold down the back seats, open the hatch and jam my superjet in the boot and then connect a bigger 1200cc jetski on a trailer to the towball. Drove for a few hours down the coast with it.

I love standups they are so light and great for times like these when you need to fit them somewhere.

They are also great when there is a big line at the boat ramp, just pick them up with a mate and carry to the car.

As far as fitting in the boat goes....not to sure but I say go for it.

dunno if you guys have dihatsu charades in the states but they are pretty much the smallest car out. 3cyl hatchback thing. I managed to fold down the back seats, open the hatch and jam my superjet in the boot and then connect a bigger 1200cc jetski on a trailer to the towball. Drove for a few hours down the coast with it.

I love standups they are so light and great for times like these when you need to fit them somewhere.

They are also great when there is a big line at the boat ramp, just pick them up with a mate and carry to the car.

As far as fitting in the boat goes....not to sure but I say go for it.

One of the first cars I owned in NZ :D Thats amazing!

OP - Really really cool! I had forgotten how god damn huge the 247 is.

Well, My Parents made the trip from Lake Havasu City all the way up to Saskatchewan. It was about 24 hour drive and didn't have any problems at all. Here are some pictures to show that you can fit a stand up jet ski into a LVS 247 :rockon:

Trip check list...

Malibu 247? Check

Jet Ski? Check

Good looking girl? Check

Yep I think you're ready :thumbup:

That is awesome! We never put our jet skis in the boat, but we did strap them to the plat form for extra weight wayyyyy back when :)