Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken Jack need some advice

2003 extreme custom trailer-fulton swivel 1000

so my trailer jack ceased in the up position.

it is a fulton swivel 1000 pound.

i bought the new model but the mounting plate is different from mine which is from 2003. so after seeing what pain in the a** that is to mount i decided to buy a gear set for it and fix it. i took the old gears out and they were stripped, completely useless. the new gear set was much larger than the gears in my old jack, but the same as the gears in my new jack.

so question is should i buy new gears that will fit in my old jack that is mounted.( this is my first choice ) if so where would i obtain these.

or should i mount a new jack.(if so what would this cost)

thanks kris

If you're thinking of buying one from him, I'd first drop Peter a line for clarification. From the post on the other thread, it looks like the older Fulton jack had a single bolt holding it on. Thus, the need for an adapter plate. You might even take a picture of your current one to send to him.

Good Luck.

If you have the model with a single bolt through the middle holding it on you have other options for a direct replacement. I had the same issue and ended up replacing my jack with a much beefier model. It was a direct replacement, bolted right on. You need the bolt-through type of jack. There's a few available. Here is the one I found to replace mine with. Much better price than the F2 and an adapter plate.