Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Should I Buy This Boat??

LS1boarder

Hey guys and gals!! I need your opinion...

I found a 2004 Wakesetter 23xti, and the place will accept $26,500 for it. Tell me what you think, it has...

Titan II Tower

MLS Factory Ballast

Wedge

380 Hammerhead

103 Hours

Perfect Condition except for one small scratch

Tandem axle trailer

Perfect Pass

Heat

Flip Up Bolster Seat

Fiberglass Swim Platform

Is this a good price?

I found a 2004 Wakesetter 23xti, and the place will accept $26,500 for it. Tell me what you think, it has...

Titan II Tower

MLS Factory Ballast

Wedge

380 Hammerhead

103 Hours

Tandem axle trailer

Perfect Pass

Heat

Flip Up Bolster Seat

Fiberglass Swim Platform

Is this a good price?

My neighbor just bought a 2005 21xti with 60 some hours, no tower and the Monsoon 340 for 28,500 I think. Immaculate boat. Not sure what extras his has, but it sounds like a good price.

Check out NADA.com for the value. Is this a local boat or is it on craigslist? If on craigslist just make sure it’s not actually in Kenya if you know what I mean.

It is a good price. And the boat sounds like it has a good set of features.

17 hrs per year of use. Typical issues to look out for are dried up hoses, belts, wires & gaskets. Ask for maintenance records. Ask who did the maintenance & winterization, and can you call them & talk to them about the boat.

But the XTI is an oddball interior that appeals to a certain type of boat owner. Maybe an owner who has kids & likes the idea of having 2 or 3 groupings of seats in the interior? It's not a boat that does any discipline of watersport great (like the VLX is to big wake sports), but one that does every discipline pretty well. These concepts may effect it's price or resale appeal. It's still a Malibu & has all the quality all the other boats have. Just something to be aware of.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Titan II Tower

MLS Factory Ballast

Wedge

380 Hammerhead

103 Hours

Tandem axle trailer

Perfect Pass

Heat

Flip Up Bolster Seat

Fiberglass Swim Platform

Is this a good price?

I just bought the exact boat except it's a 2002. 242 hrs, tower, PP, heat, hammerhead, MLS, wedge, board and slalom racks, lights and speakers, tandem trailer, etc. I paid $25K and thought I got the steal of the century! Assuming you've seen the boat and it's legit, that is a killer price.

FYI, not sure where you are but there was also a yellow/black 2004 23 XTI in AZ for sale for $30K with 54 hrs. Yellow/black. It was a bank repo. Only has the 340 monsoon, no MLS, etc. Looks perfect.

Good luck! Drop me a PM if you get it! I think you'll love the 23 XTI.

-- Mike

I think this is a good price. I have a 2005 Sunsetter 21XTI and bought it for around $28k with 66 hours. Nothing is wrong with it... beautiful boat. Do it...