Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

carpet saver

Bakes only sells carpet savers for the 04 23 lsv and i talk to Malibu today and they said they don't know if the 04 lsv 23 would fit an 02 lsv 23 because in 02 they were 22.6 ft and the 04 is 23 ft. So the question is any of you have and 02 with a carpet kit and where do you get it. Ps also call Corinthian carpets that make all the carpet savers and they also don't make it and don't know if it will fit

Bakes only sells carpet savers for the 04 23 lsv and i talk to Malibu today and they said they don't know if the 04 lsv 23 would fit an 02 lsv 23 because in 02 they were 22.6 ft and the 04 is 23 ft. So the question is any of you have and 02 with a carpet kit and where do you get it. Ps also call Corinthian carpets that make all the carpet savers and they also don't make it and don't know if it will fit

d111, Not sure where you are located but I know John at Tower Bimini in California will custom make one for you probably cheaper than buying one already pre-made FWIW

PM me is you want more info

-Livin

Not to highjack a topic -- but, I have a new RLXI on the way and was thinking of getting a carpet saver. How do they install -- snaps drilled into the floor? Do they shift around or stay put? Do they do a good job at actually projecting the carpet below?

Thanks!

Not to highjack a topic -- but, I have a new RLXI on the way and was thinking of getting a carpet saver. How do they install -- snaps drilled into the floor? Do they shift around or stay put? Do they do a good job at actually projecting the carpet below?

Thanks!

They just lay over the carpet and have a rubber backing with dimples so it does not move around. If I would do it again I would have one custom made by John at Tower Bimini's in Morgan Hill California.... so it fits better and typically cheaper. It is worth the cost of having one to protect the carpet :thumbup:

I got a carpet saver with my 07 LSV. We live in a humid area - so I end up not using it 99% of the time because I am afraid of mold growing. We only use it when I expect a lot of people (and their kids) in the boat. I love the idea of the thing, but it is a true pain in the a$$ to take it out. .... my 2cents.

- Octane

I got one for my Vride last year and love it. It is much more plush feeling than the carpet.

Everyone that got in my boat last year commented on how much they liked it. We have kids on

the boat quite a bit and I like the peace of mind in case something gets dropped. (although I do

a pretty good job with my Captain Bligh impersonation so that rarely is an issue! :biggrin: )

I got mine from this guy on ebay for a great price. He still has one left for a 247 if

anyone is looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Malibu-247-Aqua-Mat-Aquamat-Boat-Carpet-Insert-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea92a3ee9QQitemZ200406613737QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear