Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Vote..

Woodsprinter

Paul switched me to 40wt in my HH and i have not burned any oil since. before, i would go through ~1qt every ~30-40hrs. the boat was used 75% for surfing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woodsprinter

• Bill_AirJunky

• Bobby Light

• travlnmannn

If you need the bigger boat then sure, the 23 with the HH (if the HH checks out as perfect).

Otherwise it is a no brainer, the 08 vlx. I am hopeful that when the warranty period on these boats is over that Malibu might allow us to purchase Maliview and there is the possibility of getting the Auto-Wedge. Can't think of another reason why we can't get them now?

The '08 is the first year with the newer electronics that are supposed to be easier to electronically upgrade than previous.

All of these boats have tandem axle trailers, right?

Keep in mind you’ll most likely need to pay sales tax on a dealer boat…

If I buy boat from private seller, I still have to pay sales tax when I register in Indiana. 7% sales tax sucks.. :crazy:

Otherwise it is a no brainer, the 08 vlx. I am hopeful that when the warranty period on these boats is over that Malibu might allow us to purchase Maliview and there is the possibility of getting the Auto-Wedge. Can't think of another reason why we can't get them now?

The '08 is the first year with the newer electronics that are supposed to be easier to electronically upgrade than previous.

:drool:

Yep...if comes down to losing a sale, they will fix the gelcoat for you. Its a buyers market..... Treat your purchase accordingly

I haven't bought a boat in a few years. But when I have, it was pretty easy to get the dealer to take care of dings & scratches in the gelcoat & trailer. My current Vride had some pretty significant gouges in the glass that were filled & buffed out in a matter of an hour or two. 3 yrs later & they have held up great. :yahoo:

I am narrowing to several boats here.. Curious which boat you would go for... Which is best deal? It will be used for my family (5)and family friends. 40% Wakeboard, 40% Wakesurfing, 10% Kneeboarding and 10% tubing..

All of them have basic stereo system including tower speakers.

07 LSV23, Blue/Black/White, HH, 168hours, Quad Ballast, Power Wedge, Loaded, Loaded minor scratches at Malibu dealer - $48K

06 LSV23, Blue/White/Black, HH, 220hours, Quad Ballast, Power Wedge, Loaded, Teak platform some scratches at Malibu dealer- $43K

06 LSV23, Blue/White, Monsoon, 237 hours, Quad Ballast, Power Wedge, Loaded, No cover, Repo, some scratches at non-Malibu dealer- $43K

08 VLX, Vapor Blue/White, Monsoon, 101 hours, Quad Ballast, Power Wedge, Loaded, none, private seller, $46K

07 VLX, White/Red/Black, Monsoon, 232 hours, , Quad Ballast, Power Wedge, Loaded, minor scratches at non- Malibu dealer- $37K

I ll go and make an offer on the 07 VLX. 232 hours is nothing and that boat is a wake machine. You will have one of the best wakeboard boats ever build for 35 K. Dont Hesitate the Monsoon w/ the ACME 1235 Prop is a great engine and you wont have oil isues on that engine.

I have that engine and works really good.

I ll go and make an offer on the 07 VLX. 232 hours is nothing and that boat is a wake machine. You will have one of the best wakeboard boats ever build for 35 K. Dont Hesitate the Monsoon w/ the ACME 1235 Prop is a great engine and you wont have oil isues on that engine.

I have that engine and works really good.

That is a good point, the one year difference is not worth the almost 25% more.

That is a good point, the one year difference is not worth the almost 25% more.

Might be worth $5 grand though.

Pick the boat based on features, not the price, especially if your financing it. The difference in the payment might be $20.

Might be worth $5 grand though.

Pick the boat based on features, not the price, especially if your financing it. The difference in the payment might be $20.

Great advise. I spent more cash upgrading my previous boat then I would have if I had just purchased something that I wanted in the first place. I threw a bunch of cash in a boat that didn't meet my family and friends needs to begin with, plus the cash I threw into a new boat. In my situation it would have saved me money to put in an extra 10k and get something that met my needs the first time around.

Edited by elc

How about that boat?

07 VLX, Black/Blue/White, Monsoon, 190 hours, , Quad Ballast, Floating Wedge, Loaded, at non- Malibu dealer- $37K

Cons: gel coat spider crack on rear bottom hull side and color blemish on hatch vinyl (blue)

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-MALIBU-Wakesetter-VLX-96375681

Nice boat. Good features. Hours are reasonable. Great price.

I'm not an Illusion fan, but if your OK with it, then thats all that matters.

If that blem in the fg is the worst of it, then your good to go. Tell the dealer you want them to doctor it up a bit.

How about that boat?

07 VLX, Black/Blue/White, Monsoon, 190 hours, , Quad Ballast, Floating Wedge, Loaded, at non- Malibu dealer- $37K

Cons: gel coat spider crack on rear bottom hull side and color blemish on hatch vinyl (blue)

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-MALIBU-Wakesetter-VLX-96375681

Is the gel coat spider crack only comestic, right? It is hard to see. It won't be seen when boating.. Is it normal to see dark color on vinly getting blemish from sun?

My 2 cents....

It seems like you have narrowed your search to two great boats. Now my next suggestion is that you figure out if you need a 23 foot boat or a 21.5 foot boat. I went from a direct drive to an 08 VLX and my family and friends all fit in my boat 8 to 12 people at times and though every seat can be filled, everyone is still comfortable. However, I will say that I have a house on the lake, therefore we don't spend all day on the lake in the boat like some people do. So if I had a 23 or 247 LSV then I would have a huge boat that I really didn't need (both are outstanding boats though). If you plan on spending most of your time on the lake with everyone in the boat the entire day and you plan on having 7 or more people in the boat often enough, then it may be smart to go with the 23, the extra length doesn't seem like much but it makes a huge difference.

I am a huge supporter of VLXs and I don't think you could ever go wrong buying one. Yet, I think if you are still stuck on the size thing and don't know which was to lean, then I would suggest going bigger. I have never heard someone say "I wish there was a little less room in my boat" but I do hear people say "I could really use a little more space"

Edited by wakeboy

My 2 cents....

It seems like you have narrowed your search to two great boats. Now my next suggestion is that you figure out if you need a 23 foot boat or a 21.5 foot boat. I went from a direct drive to an 08 VLX and my family and friends all fit in my boat 8 to 12 people at times and though every seat can be filled, everyone is still comfortable. However, I will say that I have a house on the lake, therefore we don't spend all day on the lake in the boat like some people do. So if I had a 23 or 247 LSV then I would have a huge boat that I really didn't need (both are outstanding boats though). If you plan on spending most of your time on the lake with everyone in the boat the entire day and you plan on having 7 or more people in the boat often enough, then it may be smart to go with the 23, the extra length doesn't seem like much but it makes a huge difference.

I am a huge supporter of VLXs and I don't think you could ever go wrong buying one. Yet, I think if you are still stuck on the size thing and don't know which was to lean, then I would suggest going bigger. I have never heard someone say "I wish there was a little less room in my boat" but I do hear people say "I could really use a little more space"

Good Point! Yeah, we will often spend all time in lake because It will take about 10 minutes to enter main lake from my dock.. I really like LSV but $10K more than VLX. Sheesh!!

not sure if you still wanted pictures of Vapor Blue:

IMG_3816.jpgIMG_3838.jpg

Is your boat vapor blue? If so, I would love to see it..

If I buy boat from private seller, I still have to pay sales tax when I register in Indiana. 7% sales tax sucks.. :crazy:

I noticed you're in Fortville - I am too. I have an 07 VLX - let me know if you want to meet up sometime.

I noticed you're in Fortville - I am too. I have an 07 VLX - let me know if you want to meet up sometime.

Oh yeah!! PM me...

I think I found a great deal.. I already deposited!!!

08 LSV23, Black/White/Vapor blue, Monsoon, 209hours, Quad Ballast, Power Wedge, Loaded, Loaded, Perfect condition at Malibu dealer- $48K

Did I hit the jackpot? :yahoo:

post-2428-127326788611_thumb.jpg

post-2428-127326790345_thumb.jpg

post-2428-127326797289_thumb.jpg

My typo.. It is at non-Malibu dealer. Serviced though...

Edited by Woodsprinter

Awesome boat. I've got the 06 LSV and love it. Looks like you've got some upgrades already done for you. You'll not regret your decision.