Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any decent ways to wieght an xti?

Bawshogg

I was just curious if any body had any cool suggestions on how to wieght an xti. I have a wedge and the center mls, which is plently for me, but some of my partners would like more. I was thinking maybe about trying to add the bow ballst off the vlx if it's possible? Dunno. What about custom sacks for the back? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Rehashing an older post for the record.....

I run with 300#s of metal shot bags under each of the rear seats. Makes a big difference and hardly takes up any room. Either shot bags or lead under the seats will be your best way to add serious weight & still have room to move around. looking around you'd never even know all that weight was in the boat unless I told you. Now I'm looking for more weight for when the crew is light & am looking at these 2 options as I'm out of space for more shot bags in the back and I want something that can easily be removed:

1) a Fly High Pro X Fat Brick for another 150#s in the center of the rear seating. size 16"x16"x16"

2) a Skylon Fatbuddy for 260#s in that center area of the rear seating (if it'll fit) size 20"x20"x28"

Anyhow I need help on sizing as we've packed it up for the winter and a local shop is having a blow out this weekend.....which is before I can measure. If ANYONE has their 21xti still accessible, could you measure that opening in the center of the rear seating for me? By the way mine is a '03.

Any help is much appreciated!

Jay

They make a ProX sac that supposedly fits right into the back floor area. I am planning on getting one of those to combine with a few others for surfing my WS 23XTI.

I have to agree, more friends is the best. I've been amazed at the size when fully loaded. Unfortunately though, the early morning sessions draw less of a crowd.

The Pro X sac you mentioned may be the same one I'm looking at. Don't know what more they need to do then make it one big block.

Thanks guys! Jay

• 1 month later...

FWIW -

Dimensions on the opening in the rear seating section of a 2003 21xti in terms of LxWxH is 28"x191/2"x14". These measurements were taken from the inside of the cushions and then from floor to the top of the cushions. Skylon Fat Buddies are 28"x20" and add 280lbs a piece. A Skylon Fat Buddy on the floor of the rear seating and another stacked behind it on top of the rear cooler and wedged in place between the top of the other sac and transom should give 560lbs in the rear. May take up leg space but seating for 2 in the rear should still be possible.

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until spring to test it myself, but there's potential here to get close to 1200lbs when combined with the weight I already have under the seats. Yahoo.gif

FWIW -

Dimensions on the opening in the rear seating section of a 2003 21xti in terms of LxWxH is 28"x191/2"x14". These measurements were taken from the inside of the cushions and then from floor to the top of the cushions. Skylon Fat Buddies are 28"x20" and add 280lbs a piece. A Skylon Fat Buddy on the floor of the rear seating and another stacked behind it on top of the rear cooler and wedged in place between the top of the other sac and transom should give 560lbs in the rear. May take up leg space but seating for 2 in the rear should still be possible.

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until spring to test it myself, but there's potential here to get close to 1200lbs when combined with the weight I already have under the seats. Yahoo.gif

Has anybody expierimented with wieght up front? I was thinking about that new bow sack they have for under the seats up front. Alot of people say weight up front makes a big difference, but I have never tried it.