Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Options.....

arrydjay

I'm confused why the specifications page on here says that they are all the V25 Wake hulls.

A chevy silverado is still a chevy silverado even though the model year and body changes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• travlnmannn

• Bobby Light

• wakeboy

• areamike

It's all good. This is my second Malibu and I"m happy with what I have. Regardless of the stigma that might come with a VRIDE. I think it's a great alternative to a wakesetter. I don't see anyone on here winning any pro tour championships so whats the point?..lol

It's all good. This is my second Malibu and I"m happy with what I have. Regardless of the stigma that might come with a VRIDE. I think it's a great alternative to a wakesetter. I don't see anyone on here winning any pro tour championships so whats the point?..lol

What stigma? Nothing wrong with a Vride.

The SV23 wake hull was used on the wakesetters up until 2005 on the VLX then they went to the V25 wake hull. The vrides took over the SV23 wake hull until 2009 when they went to the V25 wake hull after Malibu redesigned the V25 wake hull. The ride 23 took over the old V25 hull the wakesetters were using up until 08'.

Edited by 06vlx

What stigma? Nothing wrong with a Vride.

The SV23 wake hull was used on the wakesetters up until 2005 on the VLX then they went to the V25 wake hull. The vrides took over the SV23 wake hull until 2009 when they went to the V25 wake hull after Malibu redesigned the V25 wake hull. The ride 23 took over the old V25 hull the wakesetters were using up until 08'.

So 09 and 10 have the same hull as the wakesetter? This is what I'm reading. Jimmypooh said earlier in this thread that they are different but I'm assuming that he was referring to older Vrides as you have noted very well. And I appreciate your noting of this.

So 09 and 10 have the same hull as the wakesetter? This is what I'm reading. Jimmypooh said earlier in this thread that they are different but I'm assuming that he was referring to older Vrides as you have noted very well. And I appreciate your noting of this.

The Vrides will never have the same hull as the current wakesetters do. When malibu re-tool's the hull for the wakesetter series they give the old wakesetter hulls to the Ride series. The current Vrides and the current Wakesetters do not have the same hulls.

The current 21 vride has the same hull as the 2005-2008 VLX did. The 23 Ride has the same hull as the 2004-2007 23 Wakesetter 23LSV did.

The Vrides will never have the same hull as the current wakesetters do. When malibu re-tool's the hull for the wakesetter series they give the old wakesetter hulls to the Ride series. The current Vrides and the current Wakesetters do not have the same hulls.

The current 21 vride has the same hull as the 2005-2008 VLX did. The 23 Ride has the same hull as the 2004-2007 23 Wakesetter 23LSV did.

Oh ok...Because in the specification pages here on The Malibu Crew.com it shows that the wakesetters and the Ride series all have the V25 Wake hulls. So is there something wrong with the information here ?

Oh ok...Because in the specification pages here on The Malibu Crew.com it shows that the wakesetters and the Ride series all have the V25 Wake hulls. So is there something wrong with the information here ?

Just a new version of the V25 wake hull.

You seem to be misinformed... The Vride was built with the Budget Concious buyer in mind... That is why My personal opinion is that the 330LCR (standard engine) is a great engine for the Ride Series boats but Most Buyers buying a VLX or LSV are going to go with an Engine upgrade (I don't see too many dealers order a VLX or LSV with LCR)... I have actually never even been in a boat with the LCR but I imagine there is very little power difference if any. I Personally wouldn't buy a New or Used VLX with the LCR because I look at Re-Sale as I don't keep my boats very long at all...

You seem to be misinformed... The Vride was built with the Budget Concious buyer in mind... That is why My personal opinion is that the 330LCR (standard engine) is a great engine for the Ride Series boats but Most Buyers buying a VLX or LSV are going to go with an Engine upgrade (I don't see too many dealers order a VLX or LSV with LCR)... I have actually never even been in a boat with the LCR but I imagine there is very little power difference if any. I Personally wouldn't buy a New or Used VLX with the LCR because I look at Re-Sale as I don't keep my boats very long at all...

Uhhh..nope not misinformed. I understand the marketing of the Vride. As my salesman put it very well. It's a wakesetter without all "The Bling". A few options not available to the Vride. The 320 is standard on the Vride. Mine has the upgraded 350 Monsoon w/cats. I don't think anyone would really worry too much about an LCR or Monsoon if the price was right. Let's face it price can be a very strong persuasion to most purchases. I'm extremely happy with what I have for sure. No worries here.

It is funny we are talking about all this horsepower, since my buddies I/O has less power but will out run my VLX with ease and I doubt 450 hp in my boat would change that. Don't get me wrong, I always welcome more power. I just don't think the power is what makes or breaks these boats. It isn't about speed as much as it is about the experience. My buddies I/O is a very nice boat, but when they are parked next to each other and we are taking large groups out on the lake, my boat fills up before the first person gets on his boat. His boat is more practical, but not by that much. We have similar layouts (opposed to my old DD). His has a smoother ride, thanks to the deeper hull, and he can back up in two directions (so jealous). Yet everyone flocks to my boat, and it isn't because it is blinged out, I think it just looks like a really nice boat and we are lucky that those looks apply to every single boat in the line-up and those looks age well. When I see a 2001 Malibu out on the lake I still think that it is a great looking boat. Ok my tangent is over.

For a boat to go fast you need to get the hull out of the water. All of our boats are made to plant the hull in the water to shape a wake so you will never see our boats go very fast.

I bet a Rlxi with 400 hp will only go 2 to 4 mph More than mine with 320 hp. But the hole shot will be very different.

9 adults on my 07 ride Friday, loaded ballast, wedge, surfing, boarding no issue and I have the 320 hp. 7 adults yesterday and same thing great out of the hole, holds speed........guess I am coming from and I/O so I am in heaven.......

awesome boat

9 adults on my 07 ride Friday, loaded ballast, wedge, surfing, boarding no issue and I have the 320 hp. 7 adults yesterday and same thing great out of the hole, holds speed........guess I am coming from and I/O so I am in heaven.......

awesome boat

:thumbup: As I've heard before we are truly owners of the best inboard ski and wakeboard boats manufactured.

For a boat to go fast you need to get the hull out of the water. All of our boats are made to plant the hull in the water to shape a wake so you will never see our boats go very fast.

I bet a Rlxi with 400 hp will only go 2 to 4 mph More than mine with 320 hp. But the hole shot will be very different.

Never find myself needing anymore power, never really find myself using all the power I got. Not that I wouldn't mind 400 hp but don't think it is a necessity.

Uhhh..nope not misinformed. I understand the marketing of the Vride. As my salesman put it very well. It's a wakesetter without all "The Bling". A few options not available to the Vride. The 320 is standard on the Vride. Mine has the upgraded 350 Monsoon w/cats. I don't think anyone would really worry too much about an LCR or Monsoon if the price was right. Let's face it price can be a very strong persuasion to most purchases. I'm extremely happy with what I have for sure. No worries here.

Just to clarify,

VLX 2005-2008 became the 2009-Current Vride (less some options to meet price point)

VLX 2009-Current is a new hull

So my 2006 VLX is the same Hull as your 2009 vRide. I was actually going to get a 2009 vride instead of my used 2006 VLX, but found a good deal. Other than the graphics and a very informed Bu enthusiest, no one would know the difference. Both very good boat. Hope we can meet up and show them off together!!! Did you say yours is Vapor also, travlnmann?

Never find myself needing anymore power, never really find myself using all the power I got. Not that I wouldn't mind 400 hp but don't think it is a necessity.

As an avid barefooter I disagree....If I were mainly a wakeboarder or foiler, then yeah, I would agree. So in the end, I would say selecting engine size should also be factored into what type of water sports you mainly partake in.

Just to clarify,

VLX 2005-2008 became the 2009-Current Vride (less some options to meet price point)

VLX 2009-Current is a new hull

So my 2006 VLX is the same Hull as your 2009 vRide. I was actually going to get a 2009 vride instead of my used 2006 VLX, but found a good deal. Other than the graphics and a very informed Bu enthusiest, no one would know the difference. Both very good boat. Hope we can meet up and show them off together!!! Did you say yours is Vapor also, travlnmann?

I've felt for a long time that Malibu really blows it with regard to their naming schemes.

They didn't rename the V25 on the 23' boats in '04, even though it's a MUCH different hull. Same thing from '07 to '08 on the 23' boats. Same thing on the VLX & vRide from '08 to '09. Same thing on the Hammerhead. It's very confusing to people that don't follow it close.

I think that it may be good to clarify those articles that we have with something like "1st generation" or "2nd generation".....or some sort of moniker that would differentiate those hulls.

To answer the OP, if it's a boat on a lot that I can get a better deal on, I might consider an LCR but if I'm ordering, I'm getting a Monsoon. IME it does play out in resale value as well as "sellability".

awesome boat

Minor hi-jack, I noticed your profile states 07 vRide Silver edition, or something like that. I've only personally seen an '07 VLX be dubbed as a silver edition. Is there extra "bling" (I hate that word!!) or graphics on your boat that say it's a silver edition? Or is it just because it's an '07 and you say it's a silver edition? What other, if any, models were silver edition, or maybe you could even order any model with a silver edition package...???

I've felt for a long time that Malibu really blows it with regard to their naming schemes.

They didn't rename the V25 on the 23' boats in '04, even though it's a MUCH different hull. Same thing from '07 to '08 on the 23' boats. Same thing on the VLX & vRide from '08 to '09. Same thing on the Hammerhead. It's very confusing to people that don't follow it close.

I think that it may be good to clarify those articles that we have with something like "1st generation" or "2nd generation".....or some sort of moniker that would differentiate those hulls.

To answer the OP, if it's a boat on a lot that I can get a better deal on, I might consider an LCR but if I'm ordering, I'm getting a Monsoon. IME it does play out in resale value as well as "sellability".

whew. I got half confused reading through that post. Thanks Malibu!

Minor hi-jack, I noticed your profile states 07 vRide Silver edition, or something like that. I've only personally seen an '07 VLX be dubbed as a silver edition. Is there extra "bling" (I hate that word!!) or graphics on your boat that say it's a silver edition? Or is it just because it's an '07 and you say it's a silver edition? What other, if any, models were silver edition, or maybe you could even order any model with a silver edition package...???

Would you prefer bedazzle?? :crazy:

Edited by areamike

No, you couldn't. Silver Edition was just available as an RLXi or VLX. There were copycat boats ordered & built, but they weren't actual SE boats. There were some things that were specific to the Silvers that weren't put on the copy cats.

As an avid barefooter I disagree....If I were mainly a wakeboarder or foiler, then yeah, I would agree. So in the end, I would say selecting engine size should also be factored into what type of water sports you mainly partake in.

I doubt anyone is going to buy a VLX for barefooting but I do understand your point. So I will clarify that for wakeboarding and the other activities I do, I never find myself needing any more power.

I agree with you that there should be some difference in naming. I work for a foreign company and our machinery isn't properly defined with different naming structures based on new changes. And Malibu unfortunately falls into that category as well. Nothing against salesman they are just trying to sell a boat. But for the uninformed or the ones that don't do the research it's unfair. They wouldn't realize that when the salesman said they aren't getting some of the "Bling" like the wakesetter but they are getting the V25 Wake hull as the wakesetter. That would be a false statement. There are some changes and I understood this before I made my purchase. But it was only because of my research and understanding that a salesman is a salesman. All in all Malibu makes an amazing boat. I think we learn after the first one how we want our second one to be. As I learned :-)

At least the confusion isn't something that is going to screw over the consumer. Ya the consumer may think they are getting the same hull as the new wakesetters, which I don't understand why you would want to confuse the consumer, but you are still getting an outstanding hull and boat. I also find it a little strange that we call the v-ride the budget minded boat, it makes sense but it still isn't cheap and it will still out perform most other boats out there. It has a solid build, proven hull, all the necessary features, and throws a wake that even the most advanced wakeboarders can't complain about. Plus I like the graphics on the rides, if it wasn't for my boat looking like Megatron, I might be jealous.

At least the confusion isn't something that is going to screw over the consumer. Ya the consumer may think they are getting the same hull as the new wakesetters, which I don't understand why you would want to confuse the consumer, but you are still getting an outstanding hull and boat. I also find it a little strange that we call the v-ride the budget minded boat, it makes sense but it still isn't cheap and it will still out perform most other boats out there. It has a solid build, proven hull, all the necessary features, and throws a wake that even the most advanced wakeboarders can't complain about. Plus I like the graphics on the rides, if it wasn't for my boat looking like Megatron, I might be jealous.

Unfortunately some people go into buying a boat blind and salesman will take advantage of that. But as you said it's an outstanding boat and hull no matter what. A VRide, IRide, VLX, VTX or LSV we all win. As far as it being a budget boat I agree that it's not. Cost me almost as much as my M3 did.

Unfortunately some people go into buying a boat blind and salesman will take advantage of that. But as you said it's an outstanding boat and hull no matter what. A VRide, IRide, VLX, VTX or LSV we all win. As far as it being a budget boat I agree that it's not. Cost me almost as much as my M3 did.

The term budget boat is relative. If bu's, cc's, and mc's all made boats that cost an average of 1 million dollars a piece but the vRide was offered at 600k, it would still be considered a budget boat. But yeah, boating in general is expensive, actually our monthly payment is only about 1/3 of what we actually budget per month for boating expenses and we only go out about 4-5 times per month. :crazy:

Edited by Ndawg12