Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Wakeboard For The Wife?

mendo.malibu

I want to buy my wife a board for Mother's Day and I have

no idea what to get her. She has always used my board and

its time for her to have her own. She is 5'10 and 125 lbs.

She is pretty decent but won't be doing back flips anytime soon.

What size and what board?

Thanks

Bought my wife the Slingshot Pearl 134 (with Driver bindings)last year and she loves it. Pretty sure it is the only size they make and with the flex in the board it is great for landings etc.

You want to get one with no front edge. :innocent: At least I think my wife will be sticking with slalom until I can find one like that! Unless you think your wife is going to want to get into spins and riding switch I'd look for a board that tracks well (larger fins, or more rail profile on the bottom) as opposed to something with a lot of rocker and has a higher width/length ratio. Get bindings that are easy to get into and out of, so something that you leave lose and pull the laces and release them easily on.

I'd agree a 134 or 136 will be a good size for 125.

Edited by MalibuTime