Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new to site

tanner1

I am new to the malibu boat scene, just bought my first 2001 Malibu Sunsetter Lxi, I need to know how the cruise control works? Also need to know where is the best place to buy a speedometer mine is not working properly. One more Question drivers side glass was cracked is there somewhere else I can buy tis it is $500. at my Malibu dealer?

Congratulations on the new (to you) Malibu & welcome to 'The Crew'!

For a 2001 Sunsetter, the cruise control is likely Perfect Pass.

The usage instructions will vary depending on which version you have.

Is it built into the tach as a one line display on the bottom half of the tach?

It is a multi-line display that replaced the tach?

Bakes online & skidim are two of the more popular sources for parts.

Does the speedo needle wiggle during startup? Have you tried switching back & forth between the 2 pickups (left right toggle switch near key) & adjusting the speedo (up-down toggle switch near key) to see if it is one of the pickups or one side.

Taylor made is the manufacturer of the windshields, but you will need their part number to get it. Unfortunately, replacements - if you can find them - are VERY expensive.

Edited by wienrdog

Congrats on a great boat and welcome to the Crew!! I'll add make sure the pitot isn't clogged, at times pieces of wood or grass etc. Many times this would happend to me.

Congrats on a great boat and welcome to the Crew!! I'll add make sure the pitot isn't clogged, at times pieces of wood or grass etc. Many times this would happened to me.

:plus1: on the clogged pitot. My speedo goes out on a semi-regular basis. I just have to run my finger of them and then the speedo work fine. As for the windshield, call around to all the local boat stores but they too will get it from the factor. Try Bake's Marine. And welcome to the Crew.

If you have PP you most likely don't have pitot style speedo - PP works on paddle wheel pick up.

But I would recommend going in the water or behind a tree. :whistle::innocent: