Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beverage cooler drainage issues

I own a 2006 V Ride, I noticed the beverage cooler was not draining so I decided to blow air into the drain hole in hopes of getting the blockage out. When I did so I could see the storage floor right behind the cooler bowing a bit then boom, any ideas on what the hell that was?

The remnants of an old bologna sandwich??

We have the soft cooler that I put in the cooler compartment, fill it with beer, pop, water, etc., then fill the rest of it with frozen bottled water. Then as it melts, it's cold drinking water. And the cooler isn't full of melted ice. Seems to keep the mess down quite a bit.

The remnants of an old bologna sandwich??

We have the soft cooler that I put in the cooler compartment, fill it with beer, pop, water, etc., then fill the rest of it with frozen bottled water. Then as it melts, it's cold drinking water. And the cooler isn't full of melted ice. Seems to keep the mess down quite a bit.

Yeah, good idea. I was just wondering why it would pop like it did, I do not believe there is anything that would have been damaged. Just curious if anyone else has had issues with drainage.

Thanks,

My stopped up one time... used a flexible rod to push the clog thru to the bilge area. It hose is no big deal just a short hose to the bilge area.

Yeah, good idea. I was just wondering why it would pop like it did, I do not believe there is anything that would have been damaged. Just curious if anyone else has had issues with drainage.

Thanks,

The drain hose is only a few inches long, just long enough to get to the bilge area. Haven't had it do anything like your describing, but I've never tried to pump air in there before. Could have been plugged by almost anything, ie; food, label from a drink, piece of garbage from using it or from manufacturing? Suppose it's in the bilge now?

The drain hose is only a few inches long, just long enough to get to the bilge area. Haven't had it do anything like your describing, but I've never tried to pump air in there before. Could have been plugged by almost anything, ie; food, label from a drink, piece of garbage from using it or from manufacturing? Suppose it's in the bilge now?

Mine never drained. Even stuck a small screw driver through the drain hole to make sure it was clear. I would always have 3-4 inches of water in there. So I've been contemplating removing the shell because I heard it's nicely carpeted underneath. I just a large cooler and have 20 frozen bottles of water ready to go like Bill suggested.