Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme trailer jack mount broke

There is/was some type of spacer between the trailer jack and the trailer mounting pad. My spacer broke into pieces and is not complete so I can't describe it or make a new one. I sent Extreme an email last week and got no response. I went to contact them again and their website is down and the phone # is comming up not in service. Are they out of busines? If so does anyone have one of their trailers in the Vancouver BC area so I could get some dimensions for the spacer? Or maybe some nice owner out there could look at their's and let me know what I need to make.

Thanks in advance

Yes it looks like they are having some technical difficulties with their site. They definitely got hacked over the weekend.

The same thing happened to my trailer jack. I ended up using a series of washers to gap it out correctly. A word of warning though, about two months later I had to end up replacing the entire jack. It went out on me when I was about 5 hours from home on a week long lake trip. Wasn't happy. I'm guessing that when that spacer came out it changed the angle the jack rests at when extended and caused it to fail. You probably have the same trailer/jack combo I do. I replaced it with a beefier jack and it was a great choice. Either way, you will want to make sure you get something in there to keep the jack from wobbling all over the place.

Here's the one I replaced it with. Inexpensive and higher quality. You'll need the bolt-through style like this if you do end up replacing it.

Edited by SMERRILL

Yes it looks like they are having some technical difficulties with their site. They definitely got hacked over the weekend.

The same thing happened to my trailer jack. I ended up using a series of washers to gap it out correctly. A word of warning though, about two months later I had to end up replacing the entire jack. It went out on me when I was about 5 hours from home on a week long lake trip. Wasn't happy. I'm guessing that when that spacer came out it changed the angle the jack rests at when extended and caused it to fail. You probably have the same trailer/jack combo I do. I replaced it with a beefier jack and it was a great choice. Either way, you will want to make sure you get something in there to keep the jack from wobbling all over the place.

Here's the one I replaced it with. Inexpensive and higher quality. You'll need the bolt-through style like this if you do end up replacing it.

Thanks for the replies. I will wait a few days and try Extreme again. SMERRILL I was also thinking of getting a heavier duty jack as mine is starting to flare out on the tube (they only seem to last a few years anyway). Thanks for the info on which one will fit. Saves me some research time.

There is/was some type of spacer between the trailer jack and the trailer mounting pad. My spacer broke into pieces and is not complete so I can't describe it or make a new one. I sent Extreme an email last week and got no response. I went to contact them again and their website is down and the phone # is comming up not in service. Are they out of busines? If so does anyone have one of their trailers in the Vancouver BC area so I could get some dimensions for the spacer? Or maybe some nice owner out there could look at their's and let me know what I need to make.

Thanks in advance

I am in van and happy to help out pm me.........

While you're at it you could modify your jack like I did and put on a heavier duty one like you talked about. In fact I did the winch with a 5:1 instead of the 3:1. Much easier now, so easy you can actually lean over the bow and winch the boat up on the trailer.

P3121139.jpg

P3121141.jpg

P3121142.jpg

Edited by 06vlx