Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Drivers Side Ballast no empty

Ok I have an 08 VLX

the ballast on the right side will not empty. I know it is full because not only does the gauge say so the boat lists to the right when no one is in it and when I hit fill the overflow immediately starts on the right side. I think my pumps is out. Can I just replace the cartridge? Where do I get one? Anyone had a similar problem?

Same happens to mine sometimes. The pump gets stuck and you just have to take it out and turn it by hand to loosen it.

Its just one phillips screw, twist off the top of the pump (the blue part is threaded) and then pull it out. Then just spin it by hand and stick it back in. Since it was stuck it prolly blew a fuse so you need to find the blown fuse under your dash and replace any that are blown (5 amp fuse).

My pumps to empty never get stuck but the same pump to FILL them got stuck a few times now.

Same happens to mine sometimes. The pump gets stuck and you just have to take it out and turn it by hand to loosen it.

Its just one phillips screw, twist off the top of the pump (the blue part is threaded) and then pull it out. Then just spin it by hand and stick it back in. Since it was stuck it prolly blew a fuse so you need to find the blown fuse under your dash and replace any that are blown (5 amp fuse).

My pumps to empty never get stuck but the same pump to FILL them got stuck a few times now.

:plus1:

baby on the way and still time to post, that's unquestioned malibucrew dedication

Where's an emoticon for that when you need one.

2 of my pumps did that last time out and then worked this time. I guess trailering can jar them loose so they work again, otherwise, take it apart per above.

baby on the way and still time to post, that's unquestioned malibucrew dedication

Where's an emoticon for that when you need one.

2 of my pumps did that last time out and then worked this time. I guess trailering can jar them loose so they work again, otherwise, take it apart per above.

That's right, induction is scheduled, I'm all packed and ready to go!! Last time I just needed 1 hand to hold her leg back, so I might be on my crackberry still posting in the delivery room :crazy: Just kidding.... :unsure: