Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 2010 AXIS

tobaccoman2

Got my new 2010 AXIS and wanted to post a couple pics. Problem is I can't figure out how to post the pics.Any Ideas !!!!

Paying members can post directly to the site. Members need to use a service like photo bucket and link to the pictures.

I can't wait to see the pics :cry:

Got my new 2010 AXIS and wanted to post a couple pics. Problem is I can't figure out how to post the pics.Any Ideas !!!!

Can't wait to see pics!

Congrats on the new boat! :thumbup:

I only had mine out twice but can easily tell I'm going to have a lot of great times in it! Have fun and be safe!

Like they said above, if you put all of the pics in an album on photobucket and then post the link to the album, everyone can view them. That's what I did with my pics. Pretty easy.

First off I want to say VERY VERY sweet boat.

But now I have a little peeve. IMO I think the axis would look so much better if they connected the tower to the windshield. Loook at the low cross beam on the tower and how it is directed towards the upper corner of the windshield. I think it would look so cool if they had it connected as one piece, but still NO window. Am I crazy, does anyone else have my vision?

Oh and Congrats NDAWG on the new REAL baby!!!

However on a side note I do not think it would be appropriate to make a topic called she/he is finally here!! and post pictures of him/her for us to voice our opinions on how he/she looks. Nor do we want to see the 'creating' process like the malibu factory picture sof your boat being built.

Edited by TrickyNicky

First off, cograts! Nice boat. :thumbup::thumbup:

Every time I look at an Axis I see more that I like and some stuff I still don't. This time I noticed the built in transom saver on the platform. Smart!

Tricky, I'm sure the designers meant for your eye to follow that tower line and "connect the dots" to the windshield. That stuff is not coincidence. Leaving it open does a few things: it gives your arm a place to go to grab a dock ONCE YOU ARE STOPPED, it gave them a chance to use the new style sideless windshield that fits the style of the fiberglass better and will probably become more popular as styles continue to progress, and not connecting the tower to the windshield greatly reduces the chances of glass breakage due to any possible flexing of the tower. But yes, I see the vision. So did the designers, I'm sure.

Horrible use of the English language in that sentence, I know, but I don't want to retype it all.

First off I want to say VERY VERY sweet boat.

But now I have a little peeve. IMO I think the axis would look so much better if they connected the tower to the windshield. Loook at the low cross beam on the tower and how it is directed towards the upper corner of the windshield. I think it would look so cool if they had it connected as one piece, but still NO window. Am I crazy, does anyone else have my vision?

Totally agree with you. I much much prefer the more traditional look on my Wakesetter. To each his own. Sweet boat, nontheless. Congrats!

Oh and Congrats NDAWG on the new REAL baby!!!

However on a side note I do not think it would be appropriate to make a topic called she/he is finally here!! and post pictures of him/her for us to voice our opinions on how he/she looks. Nor do we want to see the 'creating' process like the malibu factory picture sof your boat being built.

:rofl: Don't worry I'm not going there :biggrin:

Love the colors...agree that this is the best looking Axis I've ever seen.

From a design perspective, the lack of a side window is the only thing I don't care for on this boat....reminds me of a aluminum fishing boat the way the windshield looks. But the rest of the boat is sweet for the price...so much better than a Moomba or other economical wakeboard boats. I guess if they made it look too good no one would buy a BU!

Thanks for the comments guys. I felt the same as most of you when I started looking at the Axis. I was not sure if I liked the windshield/tower design. After being in the boat I realize that it has more good points than bad. First one being that when you are docking the driver can reach out without getting up. The second is that when circling back for a rider you can talk to the rider in the water much easier because there is no glass there .

Thanks for the comments guys. I felt the same as most of you when I started looking at the Axis. I was not sure if I liked the windshield/tower design. After being in the boat I realize that it has more good points than bad. First one being that when you are docking the driver can reach out without getting up. The second is that when circling back for a rider you can talk to the rider in the water much easier because there is no glass there .

Oh by no means do I think the design is ugly. It woudln't stop me from purchasing the boat at all. I just think it would look better connected but still with no glass. Same benefits and it would make me happy-er! And I never even thought of it untill I read others comments but YES that ABSOLUTELY is the BEST LOOKING Axis I've ever seen. Different style for different people but looks-wise I'd throw it against a bu mc or cc anyday! Riders tastes thats all. Rockon.gif

Edited by TrickyNicky

Very cool color combo tabaccoman... your boat looks great!

As far as the windshield... I am not a huge fan of the look either. But after putting a decent amount of time on the water, I realized how user friendly it is. I can easily dock the boat by my self (biggest benefit) and its great for talking to riders in the water.

Yes, you can put two racks on the each side.

Oh man that black/green combo is nice. The tower windshield design is definitely unique. Almost looks like it is just 'floating " there , not really supported , but I am sure it is strong. Wouldn't stop me from buying one.

Yes the tower is pre drilled for four racks. They do swivel and each rack is a surf/wakeboard combo.Only problem I have is that my sons wakeboard will not fit in the rack. Boots are too close together. Anyone else have this problem with small wakeboards (119cm)? I have the same problem on my MC.

Yes the tower is pre drilled for four racks. They do swivel and each rack is a surf/wakeboard combo.Only problem I have is that my sons wakeboard will not fit in the rack. Boots are too close together. Anyone else have this problem with small wakeboards (119cm)? I have the same problem on my MC.

racks-Same holes with Illusion?

Good thing, your sons are growing...