Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skier Throttle Cable Length?

martinarcher

I was wondering if anyone knows the length of the Skier throttle cable? Our's broke at the control lever as the water was turning to glass on Friday night. Cry.gif Oh well at least we got a few hours in before it let go. We limped it back home by running the carb linkage by hand. Spent that night fishing a 1/16th inch braided cable through the old cable sleeve. Jerry rigged it with a few crosby clamps and spent all day Sat in the water. Rockon.gif Couldn't let a busted cable ruin the weekend on the lake. Thumbup.gif

I found a few threads where other members replaced theirs, but there was no mention of cable length. Looks like skidim has them, but you need to know the cable length to order. Also, anyone recommend doing the tranny cable at the same time? Seems like a good idea to me to prevent another bummer on the water.

• 4 months later...

I was wondering if anyone knows the length of the Skier throttle cable? Our's broke at the control lever as the water was turning to glass on Friday night. Cry.gif Oh well at least we got a few hours in before it let go. We limped it back home by running the carb linkage by hand. Spent that night fishing a 1/16th inch braided cable through the old cable sleeve. Jerry rigged it with a few crosby clamps and spent all day Sat in the water. Rockon.gif Couldn't let a busted cable ruin the weekend on the lake. Thumbup.gif

I found a few threads where other members replaced theirs, but there was no mention of cable length. Looks like skidim has them, but you need to know the cable length to order. Also, anyone recommend doing the tranny cable at the same time? Seems like a good idea to me to prevent another bummer on the water.

Just thought I would update this thread. I must have bad throttle cable luck because the new boat we bought broke the throttle cable half way through our Monday on the lake. Cry.gif Both the Skier and the Sunsetter had 55 years of use collectively on both cables and they both broke on me in the same summer. Pretty crazy huh? Same spot - right off the throttle control where the cable turns under the dash.

Well they are both 16' cables if anyone was wondering. I found this too which might help others in the future. Covers throttle/steering/shift cables on most Bu's

MalibuBoatsfitchart.pdf

Gee, what are you doing???Yahoo.gif

I dunno. LOL.gif I can tell you you have one of the new TFXtreme Teleflex cables in your boat so you don't have to worry about it cutting you day short. Rockon.gif

The Sunsetter will have one next week. Thumbup.gif

Edited by martinarcher