Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

power wedge troubleshooting

New owner of 06 LSV. Local dealer chapter 11 so long haul to survivor. Alas, the post question. Power wedge will not raise. No info from prior owner (only 100 hrs). Get audible/vibration response with down-side switch activation. Nothing on "up" switch pressure. Getting power to cylinders. Some suggestion of a hint of angle rise with initial "up" attempts but so minimal really unclear if this really happened. Reversed wiring at switch to see if a switch issue but no change. Looking for next step suggestions. Its five hours round trip to nearest dealer so I would like to do the obvious simple checks on my own with some direction. Thanks.

New owner of 06 LSV. Local dealer chapter 11 so long haul to survivor. Alas, the post question. Power wedge will not raise. No info from prior owner (only 100 hrs). Get audible/vibration response with down-side switch activation. Nothing on "up" switch pressure. Getting power to cylinders. Some suggestion of a hint of angle rise with initial "up" attempts but so minimal really unclear if this really happened. Reversed wiring at switch to see if a switch issue but no change. Looking for next step suggestions. Its five hours round trip to nearest dealer so I would like to do the obvious simple checks on my own with some direction. Thanks.

Make sure to calibrate the wedge, you pretty much need to do this from on the water. It sets the upper and lower limits in the control memory (I am guessing, because you must reset it when ever the power is disconnected). It is in the SETUP selection on the menu. If the wedge isn't moving now, not sure if/how this might work or if it is related.

Is there anything in the way? If you unbolt the hydaulic cylinders will the wedge move up and down freely, or is it binding on a bent bolt or something?

Once the cylinders are unbolted, do they move? (not sure if they should, but I am suggesting inspection to see if they are siezed up in any way)

That is all I can think of at the moment, good luck troubleshooting.

Edit - also, are you trying to do this in your driveway? The wedge requires forward movement to deploy. Have someone spin the paddle wheel for the speedo when you go to raise the wedge or lower it if you are doing it in the driveway.

Edited by MalibuTime

Make sure to calibrate the wedge, you pretty much need to do this from on the water. It sets the upper and lower limits in the control memory (I am guessing, because you must reset it when ever the power is disconnected). It is in the SETUP selection on the menu. If the wedge isn't moving now, not sure if/how this might work or if it is related.

Is there anything in the way? If you unbolt the hydaulic cylinders will the wedge move up and down freely, or is it binding on a bent bolt or something?

Once the cylinders are unbolted, do they move? (not sure if they should, but I am suggesting inspection to see if they are siezed up in any way)

That is all I can think of at the moment, good luck troubleshooting.

Edit - also, are you trying to do this in your driveway? The wedge requires forward movement to deploy. Have someone spin the paddle wheel for the speedo when you go to raise the wedge or lower it if you are doing it in the driveway.