Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sky Ski / Air Chair question

WakingMeHappy

SkySki & Samson make swivel racks, typically around $600 - $700.

SkySki, AirBoom, NLDesigns, & Aerial make fixed racks that range from $250 - $400.

I've seen a few board racks modified to fit a foil. They do fine till you get into some rough conditions or want to actually lock the foil in there (like your at dinner or something).

SkySki & Samson make swivel racks, typically around $600 - $700.

SkySki, AirBoom, NLDesigns, & Aerial make fixed racks that range from $250 - $400.

I've seen a few board racks modified to fit a foil. They do fine till you get into some rough conditions or want to actually lock the foil in there (like your at dinner or something).

A foil makes even top of the line wakeboards seem cheap too! Don't want one of those walking off while you are docked.

Yea, these days the foils are billet aluminum made in a CNC. You guys see what smaller items cost. Big ones are stupid expensive. The top of the line SkySki can cost close to $5500.00 (the Convertible, made to sit down or stand up). Even a middle-of-the-road foil like any of us ride is around $4k. Just damaging a wing or seat can be a thousand dollar lesson.... plus the damage of the boat, board or person that was on the other end of the accident. :crazy:

I have a titan sky ski rack and it is pretty decent, not even close to the quality of a comptech rack, but for 1/3rd the cost it does a great job.

I'm boatless now and may be willing to part with it if you have a titan tower. Send me a PM if interested.

-Chris

Edited by 99response

My original Air Chair was stolen, forcing me to buy a new Skyski. That thief did me a HUGE favor.

Yes....Huge favor!!!

I don't normally leave my Sky Ski unattended on my boat, but when I do I wrap a bike lock up around the tower of the boat, and around the ski, and through the seat tower of the ski, so there's no way it's walking off!! Pretty much the only time I'll do this is if I'm at a restaurant on the water, and I don't get a dock spot close to the deck where I can keep an eye on it.

I have a titan sky ski rack and it is pretty decent, not even close to the quality of a comptech rack, but for 1/3rd the cost it does a great job.

I'm boatless now and may be willing to part with it if you have a titan tower. Send me a PM if interested.

-Chris

I have the same. Had to shorten the bungie on it, and it's a bit wobbly, but it does do the job.

HEhe, I love being resourceful & makin it work. Pete, you win on that note.

But pity that poor Skylon tower. It's gotta have a "little bit" of movement as you driving the boat thru the chop. :crazy:

Heres mine. Room for 2 foils & 4 boards. Fully loaded, the Titan is more sturdy than most any tower I've ever seen.

buinNov.jpg

Not trying to knock you Bill but, it seems like it'd be real hard to remove/install those boards.

BTW, I have 4 sets of board racks on my boat, she'll hold 8 wake boards up there. I've had as many as 7.

Yes, my tuna tower has some wiggle going across chop but hey, nothing broke yet. :crazy:

I use the Comptech. Rock solid and lockable. More $$$'s but worth it. From the reseach I did it seemed to be the rack of choice for the ski sky and air chair crews. I do like the Thule solution though. To bad my Bimini got in the way for that solution.

.... it seems like it'd be real hard to remove/install those boards.

Yea, we don't use the board racks very often..... nobody I ride with boards any more. The racks spend more time under the bow seats than on the tower.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I use the Comptech. Rock solid and lockable. More $$$'s but worth it. From the reseach I did it seemed to be the rack of choice for the ski sky and air chair crews. I do like the Thule solution though. To bad my Bimini got in the way for that solution.

Same here, I've got two Comptech's and I love them.

Terry