Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Waterproof Underwater Connector/Plug for LEDS mounted on Swim Platform

jimw

I'm going to mount four lights on my swim platform. I need a connector that I can disconnect when I need to remove my swim platform.

I looked at Lowes but didn't see anything. Any suggestions...online?

Thanks

Jim

I'm going to mount four lights on my swim platform. I need a connector that I can disconnect when I need to remove my swim platform.

I looked at Lowes but didn't see anything. Any suggestions...online?

Thanks

Jim

Try this site, they have a ton of that kind of stuff, look under "terminals and connectors". waytek wire

fyi, they also have the carling contura switches found in most pre mux malibu's (they are inexpensive).

PRODUCTS_SWITCHES2WEB.JPG

Don't bother with a connector...

Run the positive lead to one swim grid bracket, and the negative to the other. Run the power & ground from your switch to the inside of the mounting brackets of your transom in behind your storage/engine area.

When the platform is on, it completes the circuit and makes the lights come on. I got the idea from guys on wakeworld, did it to my old boat and it worked perfectly. No holes or connectors. Just make sure the brackets are clean so they get a good connection, use a little sandpaper or file to the edges.

Nice! I like that idea.Makes perfect sense. water is a poor conductor and it current should take the path of least resistance.

Edited by Bawshogg

Wouldn't think so. Do you get shocked when you touch the battery terminals? It's only 12 volts. Can't do much more than a tickle any way.

Edited by Bawshogg