Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cash Rewards

Deltawake

We bought a Wakesetter VLX 3 years ago from a Cope dealership with the promise of $10,000 Cash Rewards in 3 years (now). I understand that the Cash Rewards program is bankrupt. Does anyone have any info on this? Should I not bother to waste a stamp sending in the paperwork? Cash rewards was a separate entity from Copes and Malibu. Any insight is appreciated.

We bought a Wakesetter VLX 3 years ago from a Cope dealership with the promise of $10,000 Cash Rewards in 3 years (now). I understand that the Cash Rewards program is bankrupt. Does anyone have any info on this? Should I not bother to waste a stamp sending in the paperwork? Cash rewards was a separate entity from Copes and Malibu. Any insight is appreciated.

Don't know about the bankruptcy, but for the possibility of 10K, I'd spend the money for a stamp. Keep a copy of the paper work.

Yes- I believe they went bankrupt. Lots of talk about it over on Wakeworld and Team Mastercraft if you do a search. Lots of pissed off people. I believe you should have gotten something in the mail about it... There was a possibility of the certificate holders collecting a small amount from them???

Yes- I believe they went bankrupt. Lots of talk about it over on Wakeworld and Team Mastercraft if you do a search. Lots of pissed off people. I believe you should have gotten something in the mail about it... There was a possibility of the certificate holders collecting a small amount from them???

They went chapter 7 last year. I'm holding a 20K reward. From what I've read, the folks that have wasted the postage on sending in the claims have had their package returned to sender.

I filed as a creditor in Dallas District Court, which is handling the Ch 7 proceedings. Probably of little good, but worth a shot. I'm not expecting anything.

Hope this helps.

Was this part of the "if you don't use the warranty or service contract thing???"

I bought one in 2004...

Edited by Faceplant409

Was this part of the "if you don't use the warranty or service contract thing???"

I bought one in 2004...

Hmm. I think that is different. You would have known if the "cash rewards" program was part of your deal as they were making a big deal about the $10k you could apply to your next purchase.

We followed all of the Cash Rewards criteria to a T. We sent in all the paperwork within the narrow window allowed last August. Our package was returned to sender. Out a 5K cash reward.