Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

More than two racks on Illusion X Tower

WaterJunkie

I recently purchased an 05 VLX .. Yea!!! anyway, It came with one Metcraft stationary rack on each side. I have purchased two more fixed racks from bullet lines ( double wakesurf and a kneeboard/wakeboard rack ).. I am having issues with the racks being too close together to be able to use all the slots on the racks. I don't think it is a rack issue but a design flaw having the mounting locations so close. Sorry if there is already a thread about this but I couldn't find it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

I recently purchased an 05 VLX .. Yea!!! anyway, It came with one Metcraft stationary rack on each side. I have purchased two more fixed racks from bullet lines ( double wakesurf and a kneeboard/wakeboard rack ).. I am having issues with the racks being too close together to be able to use all the slots on the racks. I don't think it is a rack issue but a design flaw having the mounting locations so close. Sorry if there is already a thread about this but I couldn't find it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Assuming you have the illusion x tower... You are correct about the locations being close together. There are racks that are sold that angle upward. These are usually used in the upper locations to angle the racks up and away from the lower racks.

could also look into nice racks drop downs.

Thanks to both of you for responding. Yes, its an Illusion X tower. I saw the nice racks drop option, that looks like it would work, and using straight racks on the bottom looks like it could work too. I guess all of my racks angle upwards. I guess nothing can be simple!!

Thanks

I had the same issue, you can see it in my profile picture.

Contact Jeff below, he has the regualr forks for $125 a pair and the combo rack for a surfboard for $140.

Jeff Beliveau

Parts Manager

Star One Investments, LLC.

www.menacewatersports.com

p. 916.858.1178

f. 916.858.1179

They are close but it sounds like you have all upper racks. The lower racks should have more of a straight fork while the uppers are more angled. Below is a pic that i found on Google.

Illusion_X_Board_Rack_3_400.JPG

they need to have different angle forks for the racks in the upper and lower positions. you can get more info at 916-858-1178