Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter VLX or 23 LSV 2006 / 2007 ????

Connelly

Has someone here had the chance to ride both models?

1- Which one throws the best wake for wakeboarding?

2- Which one for surfing?

3- Is one a better hull than the other?

4- Is the 23LSV good with the 340hp or it needs the 400hp?

5- what should someone look for when buying one of these models?

Thanks!

Eric

I have an 06 LSV & have been in VLXs.

2-mine throws a huge surf wake without much in addition to the factory ballast - and I don't need people hanging off the back of the boat

4-I have the 340 w/ high alt prop and it does great even with extra ballast and lost of people - IMO the 400hp would be overkill

5-i think that looking at the boat can tell a lot of how it is taken care of. For instance, if there are marks all down the side from boards... how well do could the owner taken care of the motor? Test ride with the driver would tell alot... people tell that I am anally retentive about my boat after 15 mins - this would be the used boat that I am after.

Good luck!

- Octane

we are in same boat. I am been looking for 05-08 LSV/VLX.. I notice there are many 06 VLX/LSV for sale comparing to 07.. Anything wrong with 06? Is it just time for them upgrade to 2010 with G3 tower and Maliview!?

2-mine throws a huge surf wake without much in addition to the factory ballast - and I don't need people hanging off the back of the boat

4-I have the 340 w/ high alt prop and it does great even with extra ballast and lost of people - IMO the 400hp would be overkill

5-i think that looking at the boat can tell a lot of how it is taken care of. For instance, if there are marks all down the side from boards... how well do could the owner taken care of the motor? Test ride with the driver would tell alot... people tell that I am anally retentive about my boat after 15 mins - this would be the used boat that I am after.

Good luck!

- Octane

The HH is only overkill if you don't load the boat down. I can load mine down and don't need the high altitude prop so I still have the power and the top end. You loose quite a bit of top end with that high altitude prop.

I'd look for one with the HH if you can it's always nice to have a little extra power.

Good luck!

- Octane

Thanks Octane for your reply, I can be "anally retentive" myself about my boat... how's the wakeboarding wake fully loaded at 23 mph? Where's the sweet spot (rope lenght)

Thanks again

we are in same boat. I am been looking for 05-08 LSV/VLX.. I notice there are many 06 VLX/LSV for sale comparing to 07.. Anything wrong with 06? Is it just time for them upgrade to 2010 with G3 tower and Maliview!?

I've noticed that too... Maybe the windshield and the air grills could have a impact as some owners like when the boat looks like the new models even though it's a few years...

Then again, have they changed the hull? Anyone have a idea?

Thanks

I've noticed that too... Maybe the windshield and the air grills could have a impact as some owners like when the boat looks like the new models even though it's a few years...

Then again, have they changed the hull? Anyone have a idea?

Thanks

05-07 lsv is the same hull, 05-08 VLX same hull

Edited by 06vlx

05-07 lsv is the same hull, 05-08 VLX same hull

Thanks 06VlX

would you have some info(pics of the wake) to share on your previous vlx and your current LSV23 ? "how's the wakeboarding wake fully loaded at 23 mph? Where's the sweet spot (rope lenght)"

Thanks

Thanks 06VlX

would you have some info(pics of the wake) to share on your previous vlx and your current LSV23 ? "how's the wakeboarding wake fully loaded at 23 mph? Where's the sweet spot (rope lenght)"

Thanks

I'll try to dig up some pics of the wakeboard wake on the 06vlx, but the 09 23 is a different hull than you're looking at so won't do you much good.

I'll try to dig up some pics of the wakeboard wake on the 06vlx, but the 09 23 is a different hull than you're looking at so won't do you much good.

Thanks 06!

looking forward to seeing them, btw your 09 23 looks really nice!!! Do you see a huge difference on handling between the 2 sizes?

Thanks 06!

looking forward to seeing them, btw your 09 23 looks really nice!!! Do you see a huge difference on handling between the 2 sizes?

I don't notice much of a difference at all.

I don't notice much of a difference at all.

Do you know if the previous hull on the 23lsv was good for wakeboarding or that's why they updated the hull?

Anyways, there's definitely a difference inside the boats, it's impressive the room difference between both models...

Do you know if the previous hull on the 23lsv was good for wakeboarding or that's why they updated the hull?

Anyways, there's definitely a difference inside the boats, it's impressive the room difference between both models...

Yeah it was good for boarding and surfing. Hoping other members with those boats will chime in and give you some pics.

...Hoping other members with those boats will chime in and give you some pics.

Guys come on, please share your wake pics for vlx(06-08) and 23LSV(06-07) I need to make a decision soon and don;t want to make a 50k error...

Thanks

Thanks Octane for your reply, I can be "anally retentive" myself about my boat... how's the wakeboarding wake fully loaded at 23 mph? Where's the sweet spot (rope lenght)

Thanks again

Connelly:

I think it is great. I usually wakeboard with the ballast full and the (manual) wedge up. I am old and am not a great wakeboarder. My buddy can do flips, and all the other stuff (full ballast + wedge down). His brother does railey's off my boat in the same configuration. The only time I add extra ballast is when we use it to surf.

I agree with the other folks about the prop regarding top end. My buddies 10 year old 21 VLX can pull away from mine fairly easily on top end. However, I've only had it full throttle less than 4-5 times.

The other consideration between the LSV and VLX is the ridiculous amount of storage space available on the LSV.

You can't go wrong with either boat. But based on the slim difference in price - there are way plenty of benefits for looking only at the LSV.

- Octane

Connelly:

I think it is great. I usually wakeboard with the ballast full and the (manual) wedge up. I am old and am not a great wakeboarder. My buddy can do flips, and all the other stuff (full ballast + wedge down). His brother does railey's off my boat in the same configuration. The only time I add extra ballast is when we use it to surf.

I agree with the other folks about the prop regarding top end. My buddies 10 year old 21 VLX can pull away from mine fairly easily on top end. However, I've only had it full throttle less than 4-5 times.

The other consideration between the LSV and VLX is the ridiculous amount of storage space available on the LSV.

You can't go wrong with either boat. But based on the slim difference in price - there are way plenty of benefits for looking only at the LSV.

- Octane

Thanks Octane

I agree with you, the price is not a issue, it's more about handling and for me the type of wake it pushes.

Just curious, what's the type of hull you have on your boat?

Connelly:

- Octane

Looks like I will go for LSV with Monsoon! IMO, Hammerhead is overkill. 1235 prop will do!

Guys come on, please share your wake pics for vlx(06-08) and 23LSV(06-07) I need to make a decision soon and don;t want to make a 50k error...

Thanks

I would be all over the LSV if I were you. I did the VLX first but wanted more room, now I'm very content. The LSV is going to be 2" WIDER THAN THE vlx's you're looking at. That means not only a longer boat but a slightly wider boat inside as well. With that the wake will be a little wider on the LSV but I'm sure you can handle it.

Looks like I will go for LSV with Monsoon! IMO, Hammerhead is overkill. 1235 prop will do!

Woodsprinter, check out for a vlx... I don't want any competition in my search ;) hehehe

I would be all over the LSV if I were you. I did the VLX first but wanted more room, now I'm very content. The LSV is going to be 2" WIDER THAN THE vlx's you're looking at. That means not only a longer boat but a slightly wider boat inside as well. With that the wake will be a little wider on the LSV but I'm sure you can handle it.

Wider means softer landings... I land often in the flats, and the knees are not what they use to be... But wider also means the boat will float more and maybe do less water displacement then less wake size... I just don't want to had fat sacs anymore... knowing wyself I probably add them anyways, just a pain I could go without...

Woodsprinter, check out for a vlx... I don't want any competition in my search ;) hehehe

Connelly I think you have a leg up here, he only wants a boat with the Monsoon. Go for the HH.

Connelly I think you have a leg up here, he only wants a boat with the Monsoon. Go for the HH.

HAHAHA

Yeah I probably will go with the HH I have a tendency to load up the boat a lot with people and xtra balast...

Connelly,

Did you get LSV yet? Looks like I found a nice 2007 LSV with HH engine.. I am little struggled with HH because of fuel consumption and maintenance.. Anyone, please help me feeling confident with HH!!