Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

internal zinc anodes

I saw some similar threads for this on the forums, but most are dead and didn't really answer my specific question.

I currently have a 340 monsoon without a closed cooling system and i run my boat in brackish water.

Can I add some zinc anodes inside the engine block and exhaust risers by replacing some of the stock drain plugs?

Like some found here: http://www.boatzincs.com/engine.html

Is this possible or even a good idea?

The typical spot for them is in the exhaust manifold and yes, they can be installed in the other lower plug that is not being used. Drain plug holes in the block are also good spots, along with plugs in the intake manifold.

cool - thanx for the replies guys.

ive been researching this a bit and i see a lot of info stating that aluminum is actually a better material to use for an anode if you ride in brackish water.

Do they make aluminum pencil anodes?