Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No Fuel to carb

Hey guys I bought a 99 Response LX a couple weeks ago and have been running through it to get it into shape for the summer . Already setup 2 battery setup, spark plugs fuel filter oil filter cap and rotor and a New Raw Water Pump. It has the Indmar 310 in it. I filled it with 10 gallons of gas and have run it in my driveway on and off to work on it for a couple weeks. Today I was running it and noticed it doesnt start cold well. I kinda pushed the lever for the little pump on the carburater that is in line with the throttle cable and it started having trouble idling steady after it bogged out a little. I gave it a little gas and let it idle again and it ran rough again so I gave it a little gas again and lost power and the engine stopped running and it seems as though it stopped giving it fuel and couldnt start it again. I pulled the inlet hose clamp and hose off the fuel pump to check the screen and had a glass ready to catch the fuel and no fuel came out of the hose even when pointed down. Any ideas what might have happened. Im lost! And want to take it out finally. Also Anyone with a MDC- 1600 for sale or know the cheapest place to get it? My gauges dont work and I troubleshot it with the information provided on the forum. Thanks, Matt

had a similar issue with my last boat (not malibu) ran fine then nothing - no gas to the carb - only a limited amount of fuel out of the tank line - I learned that there was a check valve on the tank side- I threw some compressed air through the fuel system (low pressure) and replaced the fuel pump and filter - put another 125 hours on the boat problem free before getting my V-drive... hope its that simple

Ill try it. Its been running perfect then all of a sudden dead. Which way did you shoot the air in and from just before the fuel filter? I also heard that the oil pressure device will shut down the fuel filter. I wonder its that I and something to do with my gauges not working. Anyone know the Napa part number for a fuel pump for the indmar 310?

Ill try it. Its been running perfect then all of a sudden dead. Which way did you shoot the air in and from just before the fuel filter? I also heard that the oil pressure device will shut down the fuel filter. I wonder its that I and something to do with my gauges not working. Anyone know the Napa part number for a fuel pump for the indmar 310?

Indmar Parts and Fluid is in the Resources/DIY

took the filter off - straight back towards the tank - never did get a huge flow. honsetly, I'm not certain that did the trick or the fuel pump- I read a few threads about the new ethanol fuel not being too kind to the fuel systems... after I replaced pump and got the boat running again - just for giggles, I put the old one back on - it worked but made some funky noises - put the new on back on and like i said - another 100 hours before I traded it in. It too was an indmar 5.7 liter - I replaced with an Airtex pump - E84389 probably not the same one but if you have to start looking from scratch - this may help. it does sound like you've got a number of outstanding issues on the boat. start picking them off one at a time... with my old one it seemed to me that after sitting for extended periods (like over the winter) I had to tinker for a few to get the boat completely dialed in - I suppose I could have taken it in and let the dealer do all the work but it was a long drive and I didn't care much for the dealer. - like a stated earlier it wasn't a malibu

sweet ill try it. The only two things holding me up right now are the engine not getting fuel and the gauges not working. I think im just gonna put on a new fuel pump. Anyone have a troubleshooting guide for the fuel pump and the oil pressure sensor before I go and buy them?

So I checked the voltage to the fuel pump and got 9.8 while cranking with the connectors unplugged. when I plug them back in and put my connectors on the leads and crank it I get nothing. I pulled the fuel pump off and put 12 volts to it with a battery and it worked. Im lost. Any suggestions?

haha, No! I bought it for 6000 so i didnt really care. Not smart I know. I ran it in his driveway and everything worked. I know the guy so I kinda have trust in him. So what I did was tested the Fuel pump and its good. I got the engine started by running the pump on a battery directly connected to the leads and everything is fine. I then removed the battery leads i put to the fuel pump and hooked back up the stock wires and the fuel pump wouldnt go on. I shut the key on and then back on and started it up and miraculously the fuel pump worked. I started and shut it off about 6 times and it worked everytime. On the seventh time it started but the fuel pump did not work. I shut it off and turned it back on and still didnt work. shut off and started again and it worked. So intermittently it works. So Im thinking Fuel Pump relay or oil pressure sender switch. Any suggestions based on my findings? And Where is the fuel pump relay is? At least I can go out on the lake with a spare battery and know I wont get stuck. Im thinking that when I get this thing fixed that Im going to run a hot line that works off the ignition relay that has a switch just in case.