Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 VLX Improvements for 06

auto

Well this should be a short thread. There are really only three things I like about my new toy, all very minor

1. No cup holder on drivers side near the throttle arm

2. Bimini for Illusion X requires Project Manager

3. Ballast gauges, will the should be separate as not to interfere with the important gauges.

Everything else is Nirvana. Biggrin.gif

Still wish they'd find a better place for the stereo head unit.

Also, I'd prefer impeller pumps like the Jabsco unit for the ballast tanks.

I like the new pumps since you don't have to remove the base...I would also like to see better factory options with racks and speaker packages (like mastercraft).

I would put circuit breakers in a box below the dash, perhaps on sidewall. Put rocker switches on panel to drivers right, then you could put the stereo in lower part of dash, thus eliminating need for remote. Gauges could be more like the dash on MC X-2!

I don't mind the cd player as long as I have the remote. Although my new one won't show the xm station Mad.gif

When I was mounting my dvd unit in the boat I took out the drivers storage bin and put a panel with the dvd there. It works well, is out of the way, yet still easy to get to to put a dvd in. If there was a remote it would not be a bad place for a head unit.

Well this should be a short thread.  There are really only three things I like about my new toy, all very minor

1.  No cup holder on drivers side near the throttle arm

2.  Bimini for Illusion X requires Project Manager

3.  Ballast gauges, will the should be separate as not to interfere with the important gauges.

Everything else is Nirvana. Biggrin.gif

There are only three things you really like OR there are really three things you don't like :)

That said.

The bimini is easy to work with once you've done it a couple of times. Many of us remove it from the tower open it and the re-install. Same for rolling it up.

As for lack of cupholder on driver side, buy a 3-5/8" hole saw. Your problem is solved. In fact, a stainless cupholder on the driver side is classic. :)

Ballast guages, no argument there.

Edited by stewart
Is the cupholder at the side of the seat not good enough or is it missing in the '05's?

I have that one... not sure what everyone is Ranting.gif about...

I DO miss the two up on the dash by the observer's seat though....

JZ

I agree Wakeandsno. As nice as the new dash looks I think I liked the old one better since we used the cupholders and had a tendency to put shirts, etc up there...Oh well

Is the cupholder at the side of the seat not good enough or is it missing in the '05's?

Are talking about the one near the floor? Sure it's there, just not resting nicely by my beer hand. Cry.gif I think the correct craft has solved this global crisis :lol: Yes stewart i missed you post, but will find it.