Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got a boat!

dtm8119

My buddy Jon and I pulled the trigger on an 02 Sunsetter LXI this weekend. What an awesome boat! 450 hours, 325 Monsoon. Can't wait to get skiing and boarding behind this thing!!

IMG00024-20100425-1554.jpg

IMG00025-20100425-1555.jpg

IMG00026-20100425-1823.jpg

Unnamed.jpg

More pics to come after I buff it up this weekend :)

Edited by dtm8119

Very nice, that's my next boat! And I wouldn't put a tower on it either.

Congrats!!! I have the same set up on my bu,I didn't have the heart to put a tower on, my skylon with racks does the trick just fine

Thanks everyone :thumbup:

For you guys that have a SS LXI...what rope length have you found to be the best to ski behind it when you aren't running the slalom course?

martinarcher

For you guys that have a SS LXI...what rope length have you found to be the best to ski behind it when you aren't running the slalom course?

As short as you can complete the course with. Biggrin.gif If you haven't run the course yet start with a full 75 foot rope - you'll be surprised how hard it is. Smile.gif

Very good looking boat.

At 34 or 36 MPH the boat does not have a bad wake. It a world class wake. We ski 36 @ 35 off all the time and love it.

To the OP, gongrats on the new boat! That's a solid looking ride. I look forward to joining you soon with my new BU.

Hey sixball, what does the 22' off bump look like behind that boat?

We have found that 35 off is the sweet spot at 34 mph. Just in front of the bump and the rope is short enough to really sling you across the wake! More turns per mile too! Have fun with the new boat!!!

All cleaned up :) I wish the pictures would show the reflections a little better, oh well.

Next weekends project....get the boat lift adjusted...brr that water is cold!

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

Edited by dtm8119

Quick question....where is the bilge pump on these boats? It has a switch on the dash for the pump, but when I turn it on, I don't hear it?

Just long enough to keep the ski from hitting the platform

Quick question....where is the bilge pump on these boats? It has a switch on the dash for the pump, but when I turn it on, I don't hear it?

If I remember correctly its just below the oil pan.

Nice looking boat, better get out there and ski.

When you open the engine cover there should be a plug under the engine in the forward part of the compartment. The bilge pump should be nearby.

If it's like my LX it is hidden behind a removable plastic wall that forms the front wall of the engine compartment. In other words it's between the engine compartment and the center locker accessed through the engine compartment. I replaced mine last year and it takes all of about 20 min to swap out.

:plus1:

It should be right next to the bottom of the pylon.

The screws should be readily visible on the panel - near the top.

You may need to remove one of the grates from the stringer vent to be able to wiggle the partition out.