Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat lift advice

Woodsprinter

Need your feedback on 6000# boat lifts with solar panel. They are all same price. $8,000 including sales tax and labor..

Sunstream Sunlift with solar panel - Hydraulic

Shorestation Vertical lift with solar panel

Harbor Master Elite - cantilever

Thanks

Edited by Woodsprinter

Need your feedback on 6000# boat lifts with solar panel. They are all same price. $8,000 including sales tax and labor..

Sunstream Sunlift with solar panel - Hydraulic

Shorestation Vertical lift with solar panel

Harbor Master Elite - cantilever

Thanks

The only one I have experience with is a shorestation, they are heavier than you can possibly imagine. If you are thinking about getting the lift in and out of the water yourself, look at another brand. If I had it all to do over again I would look at the Floe boat lift.

http://www.floeintl.com/docks.asp?pageName=docksLiftsMain&sm=4

Wow, I have a 4000# Vertical Shore Station and we have to roll it out 150 feet. Me and my Son push it out and in with one arm on it each.I do not have the electric assembly yet, But want to add it. Does anyone know the Approx cost of the complete package?

(MHO) Out of those Shorestation Vertical lift. But I am a fan of vertical lift. The Floe brought up by Cedar Lake Skier is a very nice unit.

I just don't like Hydraulic. Most have the chrome inner piston exposed most of the time. I wonder if Zebra mussels could be a problem?

I don't want seals to deal with.

I can take my lift out on my own but two makes it easy. I go over a 4 1/2 foot sea wall.

MalibuNation

Wow, I have a 4000# Vertical Shore Station and we have to roll it out 150 feet. Me and my Son push it out and in with one arm on it each.I do not have the electric assembly yet, But want to add it. Does anyone know the Approx cost of the complete package?

I have the 4000lb Shore Station and the wheel kit ... I usually have 6 people help me setting mine.

I can't speak to the other brands, but the Shorestation that I used to have was rock solid. I could put it in myself without too much trouble and the thing was SOLID. If I were buying another lift it would be my first and only choice.

Mike

I have a Shorestation vertical lift too and really like it.

My cousin's have a Hewitt Cantilever lift and it's OK, but I prefer mine. I vote for Shorestation.

What do you really like about Shorestation vertical? The vertical tends to have too many cables and loose pulleys while cantilever has less and easy on lift, right? I don't think I want hydraulic because they will break down in a few years..

What do you really like about Shorestation vertical? The vertical tends to have too many cables and loose pulleys while cantilever has less and easy on lift, right? I don't think I want hydraulic because they will break down in a few years..

Yes. I like the vertical. Mainly cause it cranks up faster.

I had a Shore Master cantilever before the vertical Station. With the heavy boat we broke the swivel on the base of the cantilever It was a PITA. There is a lot of stress on the lift as it sucks it up. A lot harder cranking too, I recall one more thing, We had to weigh the front of the lift down as it would tend to lift the front off the sand as it sucked it up. My 2 Cents

Shorestation has been around for a long time and I have not herd of many problems.

Hewitt,Floe are also well known and have good reputation. Midlander in this part of the country is the dominate lift but I believe Midlander is a small local co.

Vertical lifts do have more complicated cabling but its not that bad to change. Much moor difficult than a cantilever.

A cantilever is the simplest lift but does not lift as hi and takes a little more water to sink the bunks.

I drive my boat in and shut it off and can place my boat on the lift using my hand. A cantilever you will drive on and motoring up the last bit in most cases.

On the vertical lift the only cable I replace is the lift cable. The other cables I will call balance cables don't have any significant loads and last for many many years.

Vertical lifts lift faster than a cantilever.

• 2 weeks later...

The only one I have experience with is a shorestation, they are heavier than you can possibly imagine. If you are thinking about getting the lift in and out of the water yourself, look at another brand. If I had it all to do over again I would look at the Floe boat lift.

http://www.floeintl.com/docks.asp?pageName=docksLiftsMain&sm=4

I had a floe, it was heavier than any other lift I've seen.

I had a floe, it was heavier than any other lift I've seen.

No Floe dealership in whole Indiana. :cry:

No Floe dealership in whole Indiana. :cry:

???

Davidsen’s Pier Service & Sales, LLC

7153 North Syracuse Webster Road

North Webster, IN 46555

Cantilever guy here. I have an older Harbor Master cantilever with a Great Lakes Lift canopy. The biggest reason for me to buy it was I found a fantastic deal. I've had to replace the cable twice in 15 years, so not bad there (and that's living on the lake with lots of up & down usage). Replaced all 3 pulleys once, cheap. I haven't had a problem getting on or off with the v-hull I/O I had before the Echelon. It lifts it way out of the water, and when docking it I have at least 6 inches of free play so there is no powering onto or off of it. But, I'm not driving a LSV or other boat with a lot of hull. Cranking it up is a bit hard at first, as the lift is pulling the load way up from the fulcrom point. But also nothing that my beat up rotator cuffs can't handle. And it's very light, easy to put in and out, 3600lb capacity for my 2550lb (dry) boat.

I can say that if I was going to buy a new(er) lift again, say I was moving to another state and needed to start over, I would do everything possible to put in a permanent lift. Steel or wooden pylons with a cradle and dual motors, and never have to worry about it again. Wood frame with steel decking canopy. Not sure if that's possible everywhere, but I'm pretty sure that if permanent piers can be put in (with local codes) that it's just as feasible.

My vote is for Floe. One of the best on the market IMHO, and the Float & Roll installation system is probably the coolest thing since sliced bread.

???

Davidsen’s Pier Service & Sales, LLC

7153 North Syracuse Webster Road

North Webster, IN 46555

2.5 hours drive away from my home.. Maybe I will pick it up and assemble at my home.. Vertical Screw drive boat lift sounds cool... I will need 6000# lift for my new 08 LSV..

2.5 hours drive away from my home.. Maybe I will pick it up and assemble at my home.. Vertical Screw drive boat lift sounds cool... I will need 6000# lift for my new 08 LSV..

6000#?? OMG..do those big BU"s weigh that much?

6000#?? OMG..do those big BU"s weigh that much?

08 LSV weighs 3,900 dry... 55 gas tank and other stuff will add quickly.. 5000# maybe ok?