Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new BU!

bennekm

Here are the wheels I ordered....both these and the one's they put on the trailer actually are the low profile 18" wheels/tires offered by boatmate.

Very Nice boat. Congratulations!!!!!!Rockon.gif I know what it's like to wait for years. And the last 2 months of restless sleep thinking about all of it. I must say I prefer the black ones. Wouldn't lose time on the water to get them though. The others are nice as well.

Here are the wheels I ordered....both these and the one's they put on the trailer actually are the low profile 18" wheels/tires offered by boatmate.

Very nice love the color combo :thumbup:

I would keep the wheels on the trailer. They look much better than the black ones IMHO.

:plus1: Black rims are now fad though...

I like the black wheels better, but the other ones definitely aren't bad either. I'd have them order them and swap them out when they get there if that's what you originally ordered.

I like the black wheels better, but the other ones definitely aren't bad either. I'd have them order them and swap them out when they get there if that's what you originally ordered.

I agree with JTrovato on this one. Although they both look good I like the originals that you ordered. Boat is tricked out for sure the the rims you ordered will make it look even that more tricked. Get what you ordered. You paid for it you deserve it. :rockon: I have some things that I need to sit down with my dealer on. My tower speakers are gray cans and my build sheet says black. For me I'm going to try to get an in-store credit. As well as my boat should have had the swing away tongue like it said on sales sheet but it didn't. Maybe I can get a new wakesurf board out of it

Tomorrow the pick up day?

Thanks everyone....really happy how it turned out and yes....I'm glad the last couple of months are over with. Unfortunately, can't get it until next week...they can't have it ready by tomorrow, so I'll get it next Friday. As for the wheels....I'm torn. I like the wheels themselves that they put on there, I just think the whole rig looks better with the black ones.

Thanks everyone....really happy how it turned out and yes....I'm glad the last couple of months are over with. Unfortunately, can't get it until next week...they can't have it ready by tomorrow, so I'll get it next Friday. As for the wheels....I'm torn. I like the wheels themselves that they put on there, I just think the whole rig looks better with the black ones.

At least you'll have it for memorial weekend :yahoo: Go with whatever rims your happy with. Hopefully you'll be on the boat more than you'll be towing it to even worry about the rims :thumbup:

Honestly both sets of rims looks good. My only suggestion is that if you saw those rims that you didn't order and didn't immediately love them, then go with your original rims. You picked them for a reason. You are getting a new boat so the rims on your trailer are the least of your concern, but you did such a good job picking out the boat, color, options, etc....that I think you have to go with the original rims too. With your original rims you will look at it and say I choose everything on here. If you end up not liking your orginal rims, you are not going to be kicking yourself as badly as if you end up getting the other rims and don't like those.

Wow, I just read my post and it is confusing. I think I could have said "original rims" a couple more times.

Edited by wakeboy

I like the chrome rims, they match the diamond plate on the trailer, but if you are like me I usually go with what I originally picked in situations like this, you picked black for a reason.

It's nice to see another Bu on the Chain. I'm over on Pistakee, so I'm sure we will see you around a lot. We're usually out in the AM on weekends from sunrise until it gets crowded. Let me know if you ever need a third. I live 12 mins from Fox. There's getting to be a lot of us from the chian here on TMC. I hope we can all get together this summer.

Edited by Jimmypooh

It's nice to see another Bu on the Chain. I'm over on Pistakee, so I'm sure we will see you around a lot. We're usually out in the AM on weekends from sunrise until it gets crowded. Let me know if you ever need a third. I live 12 mins from Fox. There's getting to be a lot of us from the chian here on TMC. I hope we can all get together this summer.

I'm sure we have past each others wakes before....I had a red LSV for the last 5 years that I kept on Fox Lake. We all definitely need to get together.

I like the wheels you ordered... I also like the Top Deck being Colored. Nice Boat...

Thanks...3 months of going back and forth on color combinations....we'll see if I still like it once it is 90 degrees and waterspots are all over it!

really really nice looking boat....congrats...

and go with the original wheel u selected, if you don't you will always be thinking of them....

So Boatmate's official stance is that they reserve the right to make mid-year changes and replace wheels with comparable rims. If they were the base rims....I'd accept that....but when you specifically order black rims as an option (which retail 4 almost $1400!) Replacing them with machine aluminum ones and not telling anyone??? Come-on! That's not right.

Love the blue and black combo. Looks great. We just ordered 23 LSV with similar colors, black with stratospheric metallic blue on the side and wrapping around the top. Black on very top and floor. Everyone is telling us not to get the black on the top because of heat. Oh well, gotta do it anyway. I like the blue you used on top and floor. We would have done the same but the metallic paint is already extra and the floor would have been one more upcharge. Anyway, your boat looks awesome and I am where you were a couple months ago..can't wait to get it...supposed to be mid to late June.

I like black rims, especially matte black, have em on my truck, but I'll tell you the rims on that trailer look great. Don't know if I would sweat it. Maybe the dealer will throw something in to make up for the screw up.

That is an awesome looking boat! I like the black wheels. See if your dealer has the wheel you want on a stock boat and get them to switch them out. I don't agree with Boatmate's stance.