Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new BU!

bennekm

OK...it doesn't look like much yet, but it soon will! :yahoo: I can NOT wait!!!!

23 LSV (Wakesetter)

Gelcoat: Classic

Deck Base: Dark Blue

Hull Base: Dark Blue

Hull Main: Ebony

Hull Accent: White

Deck Main: Ebony

Deck Accent: White

Deck Accent 2: Ebony

Swim Platform: Dark Blue

Interior: Moonbeam-main, White-base, Graphite-accent 1, Dark Blue-bead

Options: Dark Blue fiberglass floor, Dark Blue/Ebony Dash, Power Wedge, Maliview, Front Ballast, Docking Lights, Underwater lights, Sound Pak 3 w/Sub, Rear MUX, 14.5x14.25 prop, Battery Option 2, Pop-up cleats/bow light, Keyless ignition, Bimini, G3 knobs, CS cover, water cooled shaft, Boatmate Trailer w/18" Black Alloys, alumium tread plates, retractable transom straps.

Potential Regrets (Already): Sound Pak 3 (Should have just put my own system in), CS cover (Sould have got an Evolution cover)

Immediate Upgrades: Powder-coat G3 tower (Mat black will be changed to Dark Blue...I don't like the mat black on boats that have black gel-coat...it doesn't match!), 5k boat lift

Upgrades sometime this year: Tower Speakers (Potentially Wetsounds...but can't they make these look better? The canister of the stock tower speakers in my opinion looks considerably better than the Wetsounds).

post-12485-127230568095_thumb.jpg

Edited by bennekm

OK...it doesn't look like much yet, but it soon will! :yahoo: I can NOT wait!!!!

23 LSV (Wakesetter)

Gelcoat: Classic

Deck Base: Dark Blue

Hull Base: Dark Blue

Hull Main: Ebony

Hull Accent: White

Deck Main: Ebony

Deck Accent: White

Deck Accent 2: Ebony

Swim Platform: Dark Blue

Interior: Moonbeam-main, White-base, Graphite-accent 1, Dark Blue-bead

Options: Dark Blue fiberglass floor, Dark Blue/Ebony Dash, Power Wedge, Maliview, Front Ballast, Docking Lights, Underwater lights, Sound Pak 3 w/Sub, Rear MUX, 14.5x14.25 prop, Battery Option 2, Pop-up cleats/bow light, Keyless ignition, Bimini, G3 knobs, CS cover, water cooled shaft, Boatmate Trailer w/18" Black Alloys, alumium tread plates, retractable transom straps.

Potential Regrets (Already): Sound Pak 3 (Should have just put my own system in), CS cover (Sould have got an Evolution cover)

Immediate Upgrades: Powder-coat G3 tower (Mat black will be changed to Dark Blue...I don't like the mat black on boats that have black gel-coat...it doesn't match!), 5k boat lift

Upgrades sometime this year: Tower Speakers (Potentially Wetsounds...but can't they make these look better? The canister of the stock tower speakers in my opinion looks considerably better than the Wetsounds).

Sounds like it's going to be great. It's not to late to change your mind on the CS cover.

If you don't like how the wetsounds look you can paint them. Better yet get some Bullet Hollowpoints and have them powdercoated the same time you do your tower the blue you want. You can't powdercoat the plastic housings other manufacturer's use. Paint is ok but powdercoat is much better.

Edited by 06vlx

Sounds like it's going to be great. It's not to late to change your mind on the CS cover.

If you don't like how the wetsounds look you can paint them. Better yet get some Bullet Hollowpoints and have them powdercoated the same time you do your tower the blue you want. You can't powdercoat the plastic housings other manufacturer's use. Paint is ok but powdercoat is much better.

Spoke with Cory today...looking into an Evolution cover.

As for Bullet Hollowpoints...I'll have to research them. They do look nicer than the wetsounds.

Sounds like a pretty wicked boat !!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it out on the chain :rockon: Maybe you'll invite me to ride behind it :whistle:

Always looking for a good driver or 3rd on an afternoon when my buddy and I cut work :innocent: !

Always looking for a good driver or 3rd on an afternoon when my buddy and I cut work :innocent: !

I'm in !!!! 7 weeks vacation I think I can play hookie to. What lake do you ride on? I have a park model up on Lake Catherine. I usually ride up there but I'll cruise to Petite once in a while to watch the masses ride.

I'm in !!!! 7 weeks vacation I think I can play hookie to. What lake do you ride on? I have a park model up on Lake Catherine. I usually ride up there but I'll cruise to Petite once in a while to watch the masses ride.

My friend lives on Fox Lake, so the boat stays there. We always board in tight left hand circles on the glass at Dunn's lake. Depending on what time we get out (And weekday vs. weekend), sometimes we'll just hit Station Point on Fox. We're not very good, nor do we like go-fast boats flying by us on Petite...we reserve Petite for drinking, swimming, and people watching.

Looks like a VTX, not a 23 LSV. Might not be, just saying it looks a little small in that pic.

Yeah...it does from that picture for sure.

Here are some more...just got 5 minutes ago. Sorry guys...I've been waiting years for this!

post-12485-127248926677_thumb.jpg

I still think that the black and blue combo is the best I've ever seen. But then maybe I'm partial to that because mine is? :whistle:

Yep. Agreed!

Good lookin boat there. The black tower should look good as is. And will be a cool upgrade for down the road.

Looks like you forgot snap out carpet on your list of options. Interesting how they laid that hull up for it.

Yep. Agreed!

Good lookin boat there. The black tower should look good as is. And will be a cool upgrade for down the road.

Looks like you forgot snap out carpet on your list of options. Interesting how they laid that hull up for it.

I'll have to see it in person to determine if I need to powedercoat immediately or not. But look at the following pic...looks pretty cool in colors other than black (I like being a little unique). Probably should just put the $ towards some tower speakers. :)

Yes, I did forget to mention the snap-out carpet with blue floor....it is very interesting how it all came together, that's for sure.

post-12485-12725952252_thumb.jpg

Yea, I agree that the colored tower looks a little unique. But any G3 is going to be a bit unique for the first year or two..... unless your a Malibu owners event. :rockon:

I'm in my 3rd year of ownership of a 5 yr old boat now. Every winter I look for something to do to the boat to improve it a bit. This year was the swim platform, and I added XM Radio to it. Ideas for the future include not just re-powdercoating the tower, but a complete redesign of the speakers, bimini & mirror(s) on it.

wow super.congrtz it is a GR8 lookin BU!

Yea, I agree that the colored tower looks a little unique. But any G3 is going to be a bit unique for the first year or two..... unless your a Malibu owners event. :rockon:

I'm in my 3rd year of ownership of a 5 yr old boat now. Every winter I look for something to do to the boat to improve it a bit. This year was the swim platform, and I added XM Radio to it. Ideas for the future include not just re-powdercoating the tower, but a complete redesign of the speakers, bimini & mirror(s) on it.

You have got to be getting very excited. I think I would be having some restless nights anticipating the completion and delivery of the boat. It is looking sharp.

• 2 weeks later...

Boat has arrived at the dealership...getting really close now. They put the wrong wheels on the Trailer....I ordered the black 18" wheels. What do you guys think of these instead. I thought the black would tie in the trailer better with the boat.

post-12485-127380640582_thumb.jpg

Looks Awesome !!!! I love the way the blue hull totally continues thru into the trailer. Looks like there isn't even a break there. Do you have pictures of the rims that were suppose to be on there? I like those rims but I would do some low profile tires. Would definitely add to it. Can't wait to get a pull behind that :whistle:

Here are the wheels I ordered....both these and the one's they put on the trailer actually are the low profile 18" wheels/tires offered by boatmate.

post-12485-127380749013_thumb.png

Edited by bennekm